Digital Safety and Security
Don't be a fool
Tips to keep you safe.
- Do not post or share your personal information (cell phone number, home address, or your location) on any social networking site or through mobile apps like Snapchat or Instagram.
- Never meet in person with anyone you first “met” on the internet. If someone asks to meet you, tell your parents or guardian right away. Some people may not be who they say they are.
- Be extremely cautious about posting pictures. Its a good practice to get a trusted adults opinion before posting a picture. . Do not post inappropriate pictures of anyone.
- Don't be mean or rude and never respond to mean or rude texts, messages, and e-mails.
- NEVER share your password with anyone, including your best friend. The only people who should know your password are your parents or guardian.
- Do not download or install software or anything on your computer or cell phone before checking with your parents or guardian.
- Take to to understand and use the privacy settings of social networking sites.
- If anything makes you feel uncomfortable online, while gaming or when using your cell phone, talk with your parents or guardian right away.