The Mata Memo
August 3, 2021
Dear Mata family,
It is my pleasure to welcome everyone to the 2021/2022 school year! I hope this memo finds you in good health, relaxed, and rejuvenated for a year of focusing on educating our children through the Montessori philosophy while creating life-long learners.
As we began to start our new beginning, I hope that you all are staying safe and enjoying time with family and friends.
Please see below for information regarding the start of the school year.
August 11th- Meet the Teacher will be from 3:30-6:30 PM. It is a come-and-go event. We invite you to drop off your supplies and say hello to your teacher. We kindly ask that you limit your stay to less than 10 minutes.
August 16th is the first day of school. We are excited to welcome all students back for in-person learning!
Please note our new school hours are from 7:45-3:15 PM. The earliest you may drop off is 7:15 and we ask that all students are picked up by 3:30 PM.
We are excited for this school year! We miss you all and your students. We look forward to connecting with you all very soon!
Enjoy the rest of your summer vacation
Calendar at A Glance
- August 6th - Mayor's Back to School Fair
- August 11th - Meet the Teacher 3:30-6:30 PM
August 13th - PTA Parent's Night Out @Truck Yard
August 16th - Students Return for the 21/22 School Year!
August 31st - PTA General Meeting 6:00 PM
Sept. 6th - Labor Day, No School
Sept. 9th - Open House
School Supplies for 21/22
Whose class will my child be in?
Please ensure that you have registered for the upcoming school year. Remember all students must register for this year. https://www.dallasisd.org/enrollment You must create a new account.
Please contact Ms. Leija and/or Ms. Sosa if you have questions. 972-749-7500
If you are new to Mata please call the main office to obtain your Powerschool Parent account information.
Returning Student Registration for 2021-2022
Student registration for the 2021-2022 school year will be 100% online. DISD will no longer be using Parent Portal (Powerschool) for registration. We are switching over to a new enrollment system called SchoolMint.
All parents will need to create a new account. This is not the same account information as Parent Portal. The only exception would be if you already created an account to apply for a choice school this year.
To link your student to your account you will need to know their student ID number that can be found in your Parent Portal account or your student’s report card.
Please see the attachment below for more details.
Registración para estudiantes actuales de Mata para 2021-2022
Registración para el año escolar 2021-2022 será completamente en línea. El distrito de Dallas ya no usara el portal de padres (Parent Portal) para completar la registración de estudiantes. Estaremos usando un nuevo sistema para registración que se llama SchoolMint.
Todos los padres tendrán que crear una nueva cuenta. No podrá entrar con el mismo nombre usuario o contraseña de su cuenta de portal de padres (Parent Portal). La única excepción serían los padres que ya tienen una cuenta en SchoolMint para enviar una solicitud a una escuela de elección de DISD.
Para conectar sus estudiantes a su cuenta necesitara el número de identificación de su estudiante. Este número de identificación se puede encontrar en su cuenta de portal de padres (Parent Portal) o en la boleta de calificaciones.
Drop Off and Pick Up Information
- 1st- 8th Grade students may be dropped off at the main entrance. Prek-K students will report directly to class, 1st-3rd grade students will report to the gym, 4th-6th will report to the auditorium, and 7th-8th grade students will report to the cafeteria between 7:15-7:30 AM. All students arriving after 7:30 will report directly to class.
- Please drop off Pre-K-K students on the La Vista drive nearest the library. Students will report directly to their homeroom class.
- If you have multiple children, you may drop them off at the site for the youngest child.
Students must wear uniforms (white, hunter green, or navy blue polo shirt and black, navy, or khaki bottoms. Wearing masks are encouraged.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided, however, students may bring their lunch if they choose. Please send ready-to-eat meals. (A microwave will not be available for student use.)
After School Pick Up:
Carpool Pickup will be at the main entrance nearest the office. You will be given a carpool sign to use at pick up daily. Please be patient with dismissal procedures and traffic, as we will be working to ensure the safety of all students. New traffic plan coming soon!
If riding a bus, please send information regarding your child's bus stop and location to the teacher. Bus pick-up is located on the main drive parallel to Grand. Please do not park in this driveway.
We offer afterschool care through the YMCA. Please see the flyers below for details.
Back to School Events
- Dallas Mayor's Back to School Festival - Aug. 6th
- Dallas Back to School Event by Helen's Project - August 7th
- Back to School Basketball game and Supply Giveway - August 7th
- MLK Back to School Festival - August 14
- Webcity Properties Back to School Fair - August 14
- Dream Center Dallas Back to School Event - August 14
- Not my Son Back to School Community Festival - August 14
Mata Montessori School's Vision and Mission
Vision Statement: To provide an academic foundation which allows our students to be successful life-long learners.
Mission Statement: To provide an authentic Montessori education by focusing on educating the whole child academically, socially, and emotionally for all children.
Mata Montessori School's Key Actions
- Maintain a climate and culture that fosters academic excellence.
- Improve quality of instruction and student achievement through an aligned Montessori curriculum.
- Actively engage parents in education in meaningful and relevant ways.