The Colt Classified
January 29, 2018
Catholic Schools: Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed!
CCCS' Catholic Schools Week schedule is as follows:
Sunday, January 28th: Thank you to everyone who joined us for Mass with the Parish!
Monday, January 29th: Wear your favorite college sweatshirt or t-shirt; Seminarian to speak to middle school scholars regarding vocations
Tuesday, January 30th: Living Rosary, 2:00 p.m. Church; "Celebrating Diversity in our Children" parent presentation by Cathy Garcia Prats, 6:00 p.m. in Prefontaine Hall
Wednesday, January 31st: Spelling Bee, 1;00 p.m.
Thursday, February 1st: Open House for prospective families, 9:00 a.m. Library
Friday, February 2nd: Pastries with the Principal and Pastor following the 8:00 a.m. Mass; Sundaes with Father during lunch
Saturday, February 3rd: The Winter Chill; An Auction Gala
Celebrating Diversity in our Children
Join us in Prefontaine Hall as Cathy helps us appreciate our children's unique gifts: academic, physical, faith, culture, race, etc. The main objective of this session is that we, as parents, understand how important we are in appreciating the diversity within our own families in order for our children to appreciate the diversity in their school and the community at large.
This session for parents will be held on tomorrow, January 30th at 6:00 p.m. in Prefontaine Hall. Please join us!
Please help us spread the word! An Open House for prospective families will take place on Thursday, February 1st beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the library. Open House cards and flyers are available in the office. Send prospective family information to Susan Miller, smiller@corpuschristihouston. org. Thank you for your partnership!
The Winter Chill Auction/Gala is this Saturday!
- Volunteers are needed to help with auction set up this Friday during the day and evening, February 2nd and Saturday morning, February 3rd. Contact Auction Chair, Ofelia Stevens at email@example.com.
- Express check out forms are available in the office or contact Ms. Ponce at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a form sent home with your child.
We look forward to celebrating with you at the Winter Chill on Saturday!
Steps for Students
Orange you glad? Students who purchased orange CCCS Steps for Students t-shirts may wear them every Tuesday with blue jeans until the 5K Walk/Run on February 17th!
Thank you for your support!
Keeping our Children Healthy: A Message from Nurse Greenwell
We take the health and wellness of our school family very seriously. As Houston has become one of the hardest hit areas in the country for this year’s flu epidemic, I wanted to offer some everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of any germs.
- Wash your hands frequently w/ soap & water. Also use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Clean & disinfect surfaces & objects (with bleach containing cleansers) that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose & mouth as germs are easily spread this way.
- Cover your nose & mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash & wash your hands.
- If you are sick w/ a flu-like illness the CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone.
- The Archdiocese of Galveston Houston also requires that students be symptom free ( no fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) for 24 hours before returning to school.
- To the extent possible, try to avoid individuals who are sick.
- When sick, limit your contact w/ others so as to avoid infecting them.
Let's be proactive in keeping our community safe!
Inclement Weather Make-Up Days
- Monday, February 19th
- Monday, April 30th
The Chili Cook-Off Was Sizzling Hot!
Thanks to Officer Reyes for volunteering his time to keep us all safe! We're appreciative of all who participated in this Steps for Students event by either cooking chili, setting up and/or cleaning up. It was a fabulous event!
Congratulations to our winners:
1st Place: Chili Peppers (4th Grade)
2nd Place: Chili Chili Bang Bang (8th Grade)
3rd Place: Just Chilin (6th Grade)
Best Decorated: Chili Chili Bang Bang (8th Grade)
The Woods Award
Light of the World Scholarships
Congratulations to 6th grader, Angelina Reyes and 8th grader, Carrick Brogan! Keep shining your lights!
UST Essay Contest Winners
Colts to the Playoffs!
Best of luck Colts!
- For the repose of the soul of Mr. Lee Greenly, father of Ms. Selby
- For the speedy recovery of Theodore Armaos (Prek 4)
- For God's healing of Donata Calilung Dizon, grandmother of April Parhms (4th grade)
- For peace in our world