Can I Get Financial Aid?

US Citizens and non-citizens aid eligibility information!

US Citizens

My Parent's Make Toooo Much!

Regardless of income, you are likely eligible to receive Federal Stafford Loans.
  • Freshman (1-29 credit hours): 5,500 per academic year
  • Sophmore (30-59 credit hours): 6,500 per academic year
  • Junior (60-89 credit hours) & Senior (90+): 7,500 per academic year

See "How Much Can I Borrow?" at Federal Student Aid.

Federal Student Aid -- Myths About Financial Aid

Things to Think About if You Borrow

Budgeting is a necessity thoughout life. If you are planning to take loans out to pay for your education, FSA may have some helpful information to take these initial steps in your budget planning.

Cash Course is another excellent resource to help you set a budget.

According to FSA, you cannot receive federal student aid if...

You are NOT an eligible noncitizen and cannot receive federal student aid if

  • you have only a “Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence” (I-171 or I-464),
  • you are in the U.S. on an F-1 or F-2 student visa, or on a J-1 or J-2 Exchange Visitor Visa, or
  • you hold a G series visa (pertaining to international organizations).

Is there any financial aid for non-citizens?

Yes, there may be some scholarships and other aid you can get.

  • Check with your country’s embassy or a consulate here in the U.S. or with the appropriate government office back in your country to see what they offer.
  • Try the U.S. Department of Labor’s free online scholarship search.
  • Ask the college or career school you plan to attend whether they offer any aid for students like you.
  • Check out the Education USA website.

Check Federal Student Aid for Non-Citizen Eligibility Criteria

I Think I am an Eligible Non-Citizen, what is next?

If you believe you are an eligible non-citizen based off Federal Student Aid's criteria, please bring the required documents to the Student Financial Services office after completing a FAFSA at