Teachers Matter Conference 2014
Wellington: Thinking Maps workshops
8 participants completed feedback sheets.
This is what they said, on a scale of 1 (poor) to 4 (excellent):
- Facilitator's punctuality: excellent 100%
- Facilitator's presentation: excellent 100%
- Materials used: excellent 100%
- Pace of session: good 25%; excellent 75%
- Variety of activities: excellent 100%
- Usefulness of activities: excellent 100%
- Confidence to use Thinking Maps in class: OK 12%; good 12%; excellent 75%
- Time allowed to cover content: OK 25%; good 50%; excellent 25%
What went well?
"Awesome practical ideas - can see how I could use these in my classroom and am looking forward to it!" Rakaia School
"Lots of information covered in a limited time." Lakeside Lutheran College
"Practical ideas - GREAT to get some ideas we can take and use straight away." Rakaia School
"Really enjoyed your session - wish it was longer."
"Excellent." Christchurch Polytechnic Institute
"Amazing practical ideas to use in the classroom. Very hands on." Rakaia School
"We loved the technology used in your presentation and ways we can adapt to different ages." Terrace School.
What was particularly useful?
"Practical! Actually doing the activities.
"Discussion on how to use these with juniors."
"Lots of practical ideas for classroom use."
Any further comments?
"Loved it. Will be back for your second session. Thanks Jo."
"Would have loved 4 more hours! This workshop has just exposed Thinking Maps and some possibilities. We will be looking further into it."