The Healthy, Well-Balanced Student
A New Approach to Mental Health
Presented by Rachel Cazavilan, LPC
Did you know.......
- 50% of lifetime cases of mental illness begin by age 14 and 75% by age 24
- The average delay between onset of symptoms and intervention is 8-10 years
- 37% of students with a mental health condition age 14 and older drop out of school - the highest dropout rate of any disability group.
(These statistics provided by the National Institute of Mental Health, nimh.nih.gov)
Given these statistics, it is likely that the national decline of mental illness in youth has touched your home and family. Come learn more about:
- Common symptoms to watch for
- Resources available in our schools and community
- Things you can do to help, beginning at home - including nutrition and exercise strategies
- How to support your teen in owning and self-advocating for their mental wellness