South Row's Home Link
Week of: May 16th 2022
Message from Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Ramalho
We completed Math MCAS this week and are really proud of our 3rd and 4th graders for the perseverance they showing during testing.
As of Friday May 13th students have logged over 62,000 minutes as part of our movement challenge.
Earlier in the week we sent out a volunteers opportunities newsletter. We hope you consider volunteering for end of the year events if you are able. These events are not possible without your support. Thanks for considering!
We look forward to our PTO event this evening! Please consider joining us!!
Terri and Jayson
Week at a Glance
MONDAY - 5.16.22
- MCAS Math Session 1 Make Up - Grade 3
- MCAS Math Session 2 Make Up - Grade 4
TUESDAY - 5.17.22
- Grade 3 Plimoth Patuxet Enrichment Program
WEDNESDAY - 5.18.22
- Pool Testing
- MCAS Math Session 1 Make Up - Grade 4
- MCAS Math Session 2 Make Up - Grade 3
- no events
FRIDAY - 5.20.22
- Gr. 4 Ellis Island Simulation
MCAS Make Ups: Our grade 3 and 4 students worked very hard this past week on the MCAS. We do have make up days scheduled for students who were absent. They are scheduled for Monday and Tuesday. Please carefully read the week at a glance above. Additional days could also be added in based on absences.
Movement Challenge: This challenge will run through May 20th. The competition is already fierce!! Thank you for your support!
FUN Volunteer Opportunities Link: Please carefully read the link below which includes information on volunteer opportunities with various events for the remainder of the year. Without YOU these opportunities are not possible. Thanks for considering to volunteer your time.
Looking ahead - K-3 families: Please save your car dismissal numbers cards for next school year. At the end of the school year, please be sure you put them in a safe place. Your children will have the same number for their entire elementary career. New cards will be given to the incoming kindergarten families each year. Numbers will NOT be reprinted for current South Row students/families currently in grades K-3 unless you reach out to the main office staff in the Fall.
Interested in being a substitute in the CPS?: Are you or someone you know interested in being a substitute in the Chelmsford Public Schools? Visit school spring to learn more about the position and for the direct link to apply. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.
- Yoga Whole School Enrichment Program (during PE), Week of May 23rd
- Kindergarten Screening, Monday May 23rd and Tuesday, May 24th
- Grade 3 Engineering Day, Wednesday, May 25th
- South Row Art Show, Thursday, May 26th, 6-8pm, South Row
- Authors Day, Wednesday, June 1st
- Fit Fest, June 2nd (rain date June 3rd)
- PTO Movie Night, Friday, June 3rd, 6:45pm, ticket event
- Kindergarten Musicals, June 6th for Rigby and Sbordy at 2:15pm - more info to follow
- Kindergarten Musicals, June 7th for Dossin and Patriquin at 2:15pm - more info to follow
- Grade 4 Field Day, June 10th (rain date June 13th)
- Tentative Move Up Day for K-3 Students, June 14th
- Grade 4 Moving on Ceremony (Tentative), June 16th at 9:30am
Welcoming New Staff for 2022-2023
- Mr. Justin Liechty has been appointed to the role of School Counselor at South Row for SY22-23. Justin has his masters in School Counseling from the University of Vermont. He currently is a School Counselor at the elementary level at Calais Elementary School in Plainfield Vermont. He has experience facilitating whole class lessons, small groups, and working with families and staff.
- Ms. Courtney Ravalese has been appointed to the role of Speech and Language Pathologist at South Row for SY22-23. Courtney has both her Bachelors and Masters in Communication Disorders from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. She is currently a Speech and Language Pathologist in the Framingham Public Schools at Charlotte Dunning Elementary School. She has experience in assessing and treating students with a variety of communication disorders including articulation, language, social communication, and fluency.
- Ms. Meagan Monahan has been appointed to the role of Special Education Teacher at South Row for SY22-23. Meagan will complete her masters degree in Special Education (Moderate Disabilities) from Fitchburg State University this Spring. Currently, Meagan is serving as a Paraprofessional at South Row supporting students in second and third grade. Last year, Meagan filled in as Interim-Special Education Teacher at South Row for part of the school year.
- Ms. Julia Tassinari has been appointed to the role of Grade 2 Teacher at South Row for SY22-23. Julia will be entering her second year in the Chelmsford Public Schools and is transferring to South Row from Harrington Elementary where she is currently a Grade 1 teacher.
Dear South Row Families,
Thank you for all the cards, pictures, emails, and gifts on School Nurse’s Day!! I am very grateful to work in such an amazing community!
If your student did not pass the vision or hearing screening, I will rescreen them over the next few weeks. If they do not pass a second time, I will contact you and send a referral letter home recommending follow up with their pediatrician.
Covid Exposures Reminders:
Please use the link below to see Dr. Lang’s weekly update regarding Covid cases. https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.smore.com%2f96p8s-cps-superintendent-s-update&c=E,1,a-2wolcyZBUzLn77e2HyQssj8t2bX_LBaLZhu5i4JlaSxWYWeDxmtwCgHnVnWdhNDPud9G2LxHCcYp6aB1weMdjOdrJcaHd-t81ORyzRb379eX4,&typo=1
If your student is fully vaccinated and is exposed to a Covid positive individual, and they do not have symptoms, they do not need to quarantine. Testing on day 5 from exposure is strongly encouraged regardless of symptoms. If your student is exposed and they are not vaccinated, they must quarantine at home for 5 days (exposure date is day 0). They may return to school on day 6, with a mask for days 6-10. Please let me know if your student has been exposed to a Covid positive individual.
At Home Test Kits:
If you would like to sign up for free Covid Tests to be sent home biweekly from the school, please click this link: Student and Staff Opt In/Register for At Home Antigen Testing Program
If you signed up for At Home Testing and/or Pool Testing but would like to opt out, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Congratulations to Our New Officers!
At our meeting on Monday, we elected the PTO Board for next year. Their terms will start July 1. Next year's Board is:
Co-Presidents - Denille Ruth and Liz Haugner
Vice President - Ashley Cakounes
Secretary - Fofe Vasquez
Treasurer - Kate Fredette
If you missed the meeting, you can watch the recording on our meetings page.
Basket Raffle and Friday the 13th Takeback
Today is the day for our Friday the 13th Takeback event! From 4:30 to 7:30, we will have food trucks, a photo booth, and fun on the playground. Raffle winners will be drawn at 7PM. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to their class baskets, volunteered for a shift tonight, and already bought tickets for the raffle.
Movie night is Back
Movie Night is coming up on June 3rd with a showing of Clifford. Ticket order forms have gone home in backpacks.
Meadow Farms Fundraiser
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Meadow Farms fundraiser. We bought in $2,454.15 to support our enrichment activities.
Staff Appreciation Lunch
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the Staff Appreciation Lunch, especially the committee of Priscila Keliher, Abbey Ciardi, Anne Heald, Hilary Miller, and Martha Crannell, with Emily Dilworth leading the team. It was a huge hit! The staff enjoyed their taco bar, amazing array of desserts, and margarita glasses to take home filled with their favorite candies and gorgeous themed cookies!
Pictures of this amazing event are featured below.
Save the date! Movie Night at South Row - Friday June 3rd - Flyers will be sent home soon!!
Pretzel Kids Yoga Week coming soon for all K-4 students!
SOUTH ROW'S PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
Pride Shout Outs
Ozzie and Officer Sullivan Visits
BEEBOOS IN TECH!
Fun in Fundations!
Fun Fiesta - Thank you South Row Families!
Student Council Mystery Reader!
Walk to School Day!
Care Solace - Are you in need of support?
Contact the South Row Administrative Team!
Mr. Jayson Ramalho, M.Ed.
Contact the Main Office Staff
- Mrs. Terri Gilbert, Principal: email@example.com, 978-251-5177 ext. 4
- Mr. Jayson Ramalho, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177 ext. 3
- Mrs. Shannon Vandevoordt, School Nurse: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext.2
- Mrs. Debbie O'Neill, Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext. 0
- Mrs. Kim Sepe, School Clerk: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext.0
- Absentee Line: 978-251-5177 ext. 1