January 4, 2016
As we prepare to begin the second half of the year, we will continue our work in developing a technology vision together that will guide our decision-making over the next few months. As we create the vision and create a timeline, be thinking and reflecting on the following questions:
- What is the purpose of using technology in the classroom?
- How will the use of technology help our students develop the skills and attributes they need to become the ideal graduate?
- What most excites you about a 1:1 initiative?
- What scares you the most about a 1:1 initiative?
- What professional development will you need to develop, maintain, or grow your confidence?
- Thursday and Friday, February 11 and 12 are snow make-up days. If we have no days to make up, there will not be school for students or staff on those two days. Monday, February 15 is a holiday and is not a make-up day. Any additional snow days will be added on at the end of the year.
- We have a couple of Monday holidays coming up during January and February. When we are off on Monday, our collaboration meetings will be on Tuesday morning at 7:30. If we have a weather delay on those days, the meetings will be at 9:00.
- We are in desperate need of teachers for IREAD Club which begins later this month. The club runs from 3-4 from Monday-Thursday and is open to certified teachers as well as TOIs. If you are interested, please let me know.
Thank you to.....
- Kent for an outstanding sing-along. It's a lot of work to pull that off, and he made it look easy. The jump at the end was especially impressive!
- Aubri and Kent for choreographing the first staff flash mob at the sing-along.
- Staff members who participated in the flash mob. The kids and the parents who were there LOVED it!!
- Amber for her hard work in preparing Christmas cluster! What fun!!!!
- Linda Partin for opening her home and for the Wellness committee for planning a fun party.
- Shelly and Gina for coordinating food drive and family holiday adoptions!