Butner-Stem Middle School Band
6th Grade Recruitment Flyer
6th Grade band Parent Information / registration session
Friday, May 29th, 6-7pm
This is an online event.
The zoom session link for the 6th Grade band registration/rental information session will be sent out through email once you have signed in with the BSMS Virtual parent meeting sign-in form below. If you have any questions or concerns please email me at email@example.com.
Want to join Band at Butner-Stem Middle School? Look Below
- Band is offered to all students who enter Butner-Stem Middle School during their 6th-grade year.
- Band is a yearlong class that will meet in school daily.
- Band students will perform twice during the school year (A December holiday concert and a Spring final concert)
- Students will get to meet others who love music and want to learn a musical instrument
- Students in band also participate in other activities like sports, cheer, project arrow and taekwondo
Be a part of the band website
Looking to learn more about what types of instruments you could play in band? Or do you want to see stories from parents, students, music educators, and performers on their experiences in band? Check on Be a part of the band website linked below!
BSMS Band Website (Currently Under Construction)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the band have outside of school commitments? NO, students will have two performances (A holiday concert in December and a final concert in May) that will be communicated both in August and January.
- How can I obtain an instrument for my child? Hills Music Shoppe in Henderson and Music and Arts in Durham are two companies that regularly service the Butner-Stem Middle School band with weekly visits for their rental instruments, repair needs, and supply needs. Both stores provide an economical instrument rental program, for students as well as Instrument purchase options. The information for Hills Music and Music and Arts will be linked below for reference. If you have any questions about rentals, please reach out to these stores. If you already have an instrument or are looking at purchase, PLEASE contact me so we can make sure you are not getting a bad horn or check the instrument you have for any repair needs.
- What if I cannot afford to rent or purchase an instrument? Although limited by the number of students in the program as well as the number of instruments if your child would like to be in the band and cannot afford an instrument a school-owned instrument can be provided on a first come first serve basis.
- What materials will my child need? All students will generally need an Instrument, a band book for their grade, and a band binder to organize their class materials. Other materials will be communicated during the first week of school.
- How much does it cost to join the band? The band is free of charge to students.
Join Choir, Band, or Orchestra!
Remind for 6th Grade Band
Want to stay updated regarding Band and upcoming information sessions? Join remind for 6th-grade band.
Text the code @c3chcb to the number 81010
Butner Stem Middle School Band
Looking to contact Mr. Green the Director of the Butner-Stem Middle School's band? Please see the contact information below.