Professional Development Update
Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES E-News
Office of Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development
We have some fabulous events coming up in the next few months, so be sure to read closely - we don't want you to miss an opportunity!
When you see an event that interests you click the registration link to begin the enrollment process. Here's an important tip - remember to register early! Many of our contracts with speakers require that we fill a minimum number of seats in order for the session to run. We typically need to let them know 30 days in advance, so make sure you act fast.
As always, we thank you for your commitment to your own professional learning, and thank you for making Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES your educational partner of choice!
Featured Workshops - National Presenters
Peter DeWitt - The Visible Learning plus Foundation Day
As a result of attending this one-day seminar, participants will identify and discuss the most important messages from the Visible Learning research, learn about the five strands of Visible Learning, and know the difference between the influences that ‘do’ and ‘do not’ make a significant difference to student achievement. The seminar provides practical activities and take-away tools.
During this seminar participants will learn:
- The key philosophy of Visible Learningplus and the major factors that influence student learning and achievement
- The importance of effect sizes as a useful way to measure progress
- The key characteristics of assessment capable learners
- The mind frames leaders should have in order to impact student achievement and instruction
- The role of feedback
- The importance of learning intentions and success criteria