Something to Buzz About...
Ms. Higgins December 14- 18, 2015
- This week started Unit 2- Week 2 of our Reading Street program:
- Story of the Week: I Wanna Iguana
- Comprehension Skill: Compare and Contrast
- Spelling: Final Syllable -le
- Conventions: Singular and Plural Nouns
- Writing Process- We are in the process of Publishing our Pourquoi Tales. We are so excited to celebrate our writing!
This week in Math we completed Topic 7. We are learning all about repeated subtraction. We are determined to work hard to become fluent in our multiplication and division facts. We now know that when we divide we are sharing equally. We even had the opportunity to work with partners this week to write and solve each others division stories.
We are working hard to learn our multiplication facts!
Gabby and James are working together to write a persuasive letter.
Hour of Code
We persevered this week to complete the Hour of Code. We had to problem solve to earn our certificates!
- Our winter holiday party is on Wednesday, December 23, 2015
- Our next Multiplication Sundae Challenge will be Tuesday, December 22, 2015. Please practice 6 facts!
- Have a wonderful break. Enjoy your time off!