Sunday, November 15, 2020
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
This week marks our last week before Thanksgiving Break! We look forward to celebrating all we are grateful for this week at school.
- Fall Spirit Week - this week, we are hosting a fall Spirit Week - get all the details below!
- Non-School Day Reminder - We will have NO SCHOOL on Monday, 11/23-Friday, 11/27; school resumes on Monday, 11/30.
- Fall Book Fair - In addition, from 11/16-11/29, we are hosting our fall virtual Book Fair. See all the details below! Big thanks to Miss Espinoza for coordinating!
A couple things to keep in mind:
- At home learners - you are encouraged to send in photos of your Colt learning at home. You can send pictures to Mrs. Hladun anytime email@example.com. We want our at home learners represented in our social media pushes and in our yearbook, and we need your help to do that!
- Our make up picture day is planned for 1/7. We'll check in with students whose pictures weren't taken this month to be sure every picture is captured. If you prefer, you can always contact Bill Smith Photography directly and make an appointment to take your photo in their Roseville Studio. They can be reached at (916) 749-1026 or online at billsmithphoto.com.
- Our Fire Drill on 11/10 took 4 minutes from starting the alarm to sending kids back to the classroom! The students and staff were awesome and cooperative rock stars! I've added all tentative future drills to our public calendar so our families have the chance to be informed going forward. I'll do my best to remind families in the Colt Connection and to give you any pertinent info about unusual drills in advance as needed. Thank you!!
- I will publish our next Colt Connection on Sunday, 11/29.
This Week's Most Important Thing - Spirit Week
- Monday, 11/16 - when I grow up day
- Tuesday, 11/17 - sports day
- Wednesday, 11/18 - character (book, play, musical) day
- Thursday, 11/19 - favorite food
- Friday, 11/20 - class color day - your teacher will work with the class to pick the color!
Virtual Book Fair!
Dear Parents and Families:
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Features include:
* Lincoln Crossing Elementary School’s own online store, with a large selection of titles, at the right price points
* A Virtual Fair so you and your kids can experience the magic of the school shopping experience. Browse titles by grade, meet popular authors, and discover the comfort and joy of our Fair
* Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!)
Save these dates and view our school’s Fair site:
Fair Dates: 11/16/2020 – 11/29/2020
Online Store: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/lincolncrossingelemschool (the site will open on 11/16 for browsing!)
We can’t wait to “see” you at the Fair!
If you are looking for ways to relax before school, during a break, or after school, check out our virtual calming corner and other mindfulness resources plus helpful tips for parents to support their child's anxiety - click here!
This week, Ms. St. John leads our students on a "ninja walk" where we use our senses to explore our surroundings. Visit our youtube page/Colt Neighborhood playlist to view all of Ms. St. John's videos, or visit this week's video here.
Non-School Days & District Calendar Links
NON-SCHOOL DAYS or SPECIAL DAYS
- Mon., 11/16-Fri., 11/20: Conference Week
- Mon., 11/23-Fri., 11/27: Thanksgiving Break / no school
- Mon., 12/21-Mon., 1/4: Winter Break / no school
- Mon., 1/18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / no school
- Fri., 2/12-Mon., 2/15: Mini February Break / no school
- Fri., 3/26: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 3/29-Fri., 4/2: Spring Break / no school
- Mon., 4/5: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 5/31: Memorial Day / no school
- Fri., 6/11: Last Day of School
*Fri., 3/26 and Mon., 4/5 are Public Safety (PS) Days - PS days are non student and non teacher work days unless they are needed as make-up days for prior Public Safety closures (smoke, power outages, etc...)
Stay in Touch!
- Check our our website and our community calendar of activities; access PeachJar (our flier hub) directly here!
- Stay informed via ParentSquare here
- Download our free app and get notifications on your phone
- Follow us on Social Media (links above), including Instagram at @lcescolts
- Check us out on YouTube at http://youtube.com/c/JenniferHladunLCES