MCHS English Department
Keep in Mind
- Student of the Term breakfast is coming up October 18. Let's start with seniors. So, senior teachers, please be thinking about a student you would like to nominate.
- Mastery Manager forms can now print to production.
- Powerschool may come out with a "minimizer" function so that all students in a class period will show up when entering grades. Thank you for your patience with this; apparently Powerschool is hearing from many districts about this issue.
- If you are on cycle and would like to use FileMaker Pro to enter your student growth data and/or pre/post conference answers, but need a bit of help getting comfortable with the program, please let me know and we will schedule a time to work on it together.
- This is a reminder that grades are private, so please be diligent to not disclose student grades in class where other students may see them. For more information, click here.
- We will have a department meeting on 9/27 from 3:15-4:15. The meeting will be at Central room 199. I have talked to quite a few teachers who are expressing concerns about "handling the paper load" when it comes to grades and giving students quality feedback. I am planning on discussing this at our meeting. If you have any other ideas or suggestions for this time, please let me know.
As a reminder, parents are still made aware of progress report grades, but semester grades are comprised of 80% semester work and 20% final exam. Click here for dates.
Please don't Forget
- Please fill out the common PLC form and submit to me by the end of the day on late start days (PLC days). One form per team. I only received 4 forms at this last PLC day.
Sean's Tentative Schedule for Next Week
Tuesday Morning: South Afternoon: Central
Wednesday Morning: South Afternoon: Central
Thursday Morning: South/Central Afternoon: Central
Friday Morning: South Afternoon: Central