Please "PAWS" with us for a Cooper School Update
October 1, 2021
- Visit the PTA website for our volunteer form, copies of all flyers, weekly updates, and reminders.
- Send your favorite back to school photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our membership drive is in full swing! Your registration, along with PTA fundraisers, helps us to provide assemblies and special programs for our students. Please click here to register and become a PTA member today!
Parent Teacher Conferences:
Conference sign-up will be available in the Genesis Parent Portal from Wednesday, October 6th at 7:30am through Friday, December 3rd at 3:00 pm. Conferences will take place on the following dates:
- Monday, December 6th from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 7th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 8th from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Thursday, December 9th from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Students in grades 3-5 will work with their classroom teachers to prepare an update for their parents related to their schoolwork and learning goals. Students attend the conference with their parents and teachers.
Pets on School Property:
A concern has been raised about dogs on school property during arrival and dismissal. While we love our furry friends, unfortunately, animals are not permitted on school property. Our district policy is noted below for reference.
If your pet likes to walk his/her human to school, please be sure to stop at the edge of the property and allow your child to walk the rest of the way on their own. If your child is a 'parent pick-up' at the end of the day, we ask that you do not bring pets with you while you wait for your child outside.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures:
Big thanks to all of our Car Line Families!
You have helped us to keep the car line moving along safely and efficiently, and we now able to unload all car riders by about 8:55am. We are so grateful for the teamwork, positivity, and your words of encouragement each morning!
Please continue to follow our car line guidelines:
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK YOUR CAR AND WALK YOUR CHILD THROUGH THE CAR LINE. This further delays the car line and creates a safety risk for you and your child.
- ALL vehicles will enter using the driveway closest to Strathmore Drive.
- Students will only be permitted to exit at the designated DROP-OFF ZONE, and MUST exit from the driver's side of the vehicle.
- Please pull as far forward as you possibly can prior to allowing your child to exit the vehicle. This will enable more families to unload safely at one time.
- ALL vehicles will exit using the driveway closest to the school building.
- Morning Car Line Diagram Linked Here
- Car Rider Dismissal Diagram Linked Here
- School Traffic Pattern Diagram Linked Here
Please share this information with any family members or friends who will be dropping off your child in the morning.
Free & Reduced Lunch Applications-
Although school meals are free for all students this year, it is still essential that all families who may qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch complete the application BEFORE OCTOBER 15th. Our school district receives certain funds based on the number of families eligible for free or reduced lunch. Completing this application will help to ensure that our eligibility is accurately reported. If you are not sure if your family would qualify, please still complete the application. CLICK HERE TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
Free Mental Health Supports-
Cherry Hill Public schools has partnered with Care Solace to provide free Mental Health Supports to our students, staff, and families. Care Solace helps individuals find mental health care providers and substance use treatment centers. Their team can quickly connect you to verified providers in our community. Use this link to connect with a care provider or contact your school counselor for more information.
From our Superintendent, Dr. Meloche:
Health and Safety Information
Join us on Sunday, October 3rd for the Esther Raab Holocaust Museum & Goodwin Education Center's 9th Annual March of Remembrance. Please click on the image for details.
Weinberg Commons | 1721 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill