Nov. 8, 2013
Safety and Security
Security and Keys
- Please bring your school keys to Sondra. She has created a spreadsheet to catalog who has which keys. I'd like her to check to make sure your keys match the information she has. I realize Rick already asked you which keys you have, but I'd like to be very safe/sure/secure in knowing who has what. It is so easy for there to be one little hiccup somewhere and I'd prefer to know we double checked keys and have completely accurate information.
- Please continue to make sure your room door is locked. You are still welcome to cover the latch so the door opens easily. If you would need to lock it quickly you could pull off the sticky note/magnet, whatever. Thanks for continuing to attend to this.
Tracks to the Nurse's Office
Students may also follow the tracks in through the doors near the mailboxes to drop off lunch money, paperwork, etc. Sondra is moving the basket from the front counter to the counter near Mary's desk.
Please let your students know about these new procedures. Bring them by, show them the tracks, help them become familiar with how they enter the office.
Handicap Accessible Button in Hallway
Please use the analogy of the fire pull with them and let them know they are NOT to use the handicap accessible button unless an adult is with them and asks them to use it. If we have an unwelcome visitor in the vestibule and a child pushes the handicap button, the door will open and the unwelcome visitor is in the building.
While we want our children to be friendly and welcoming, please remind them they should NEVER open the doors to an adult because adults have to come into the school through the office.
Please take care of this early in the week and remind students of this every so often.
Storm Drill Location Practice
This is not a formal practice. We want to find out if we judged room sizes correctly. Once you have gone to your spot, have the kids get in their spots for 10 seconds and then ask them to sit down. Check both positions for space. If we'd be in a real situation for longer than a kiddo could stay in position (I trust you to make that decision), we'd ask kids to sit down and follow your instructions.
Please send me feedback if we need to fine tune our plan.
Crisis Plans - Recording phone conversations
As a reminder, in order to record phone numbers you press the Infinity button and 385. If you haven't written that info at the top of your Bomb Threat sheet, please do so.
Locking Office Doors
As we look at increasing security, we'll also secure the office. Beth will unlock the office each AM at 7:45ish and Sondra will lock the office at 4:15ish.
You won't be able to get into the office once it is locked. Please make sure you get mail and other goodies during the day.
Thank you for understanding the need to have office items secure.
A few quotes on safety
We travel together, passengers on a little spaceship, dependent on it's vulnerable reserves of air and soil, all committed, for our safety, to it's security and peace. Preserved from annihilation only by the care, the work and the love we give our fragile craft.
Adlai E. Stevenson
While on a ladder, never step back to admire your work. ~Author Unknown
Safety is as simple as ABC - Always Be Careful. ~Author Unknown
Monday, Nov. 11 Day 3
- Pledge - Hudson
- 3:10 Team 2 Collab
Tuesday, Nov. 12 Day 4
- 7:30 Learning Leadership Team meeting - PD room
- 10:00 Storm Drill - Can you fit your cherubs in their spots?
- 3:10 Team 3 Collab
Wednesday, Nov. 13 Day 1
- 9:30-11:00 Teacher Handbook mtg - Lisa gone
- 3:10 Team 4 Collab
- 4:30-7:00 Holiday Extravaganza hosted by CRE Social Committee - PD room - Don't forget to RSVP to Katie Mitchell by Nov. 6
Thursday, Nov. 14 Day 2
- Lucy Calkins in Carmel - Lisa and Katherine gone for the day
- 3:10 PD - K
Friday, Nov. 15 Day 3
- Mix Match Day - Wear clothes that clash
- 9:35 Fire Drill
- 11:30 Office meeting
- 3:10 Team 1 PD Collab
- 6:00-8:30 Dad's Club Movie Night
Monday, Nov. 18 Day 4
- Pledge - Hale
- 3:10 Team 2 PD Collab
Tuesday, Nov. 19 Day 1
- 8:00 Interest Group PD - Diversity with Angie and Jami
- 1:00-3:00 Elem Principals' meeting at CRE
- 3:10 Team 3 PD Collab
Wednesday, Nov. 20 Day 2
- 3:10 Team 3 PD Collab
Thursday, Nov. 21 Day 3
- 8:00 Office meeting
- 3:10 Collab Team K
Friday, Nov. 22 Day 4
- $1 Hat Day
- 8:00 Discussion mtg - Lisa's office
- 3:10 Collab Team 1