Sauk Prairie High School
Please know that you can reach out to me any time to get specific questions about our schedule change answered. Either email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at (608) 643-5620 and I will do my best to help you with your questions.
If you have the time, I would also ask that you read this letter, Trimester Letter, which I originally included in our October newsletter, about why we elected as a faculty to make this change in the first place. And if you are interested, I also included brief statements about trimesters in both the December Newsletter and the November Newsletter, which you can read by clicking on those links.
Additionally, I think the most pressing questions I've heard this week are concerns about signing up for classes and possibly having a gap between the two halves of a year long course. This "instructional gap" is a concern in the trimester schedule. However, our research has led us to conclude that the positives of this schedule -
- fewer classes at a time for students,
- fewer classes at a time for staff,
- develop better relationships due to less total students daily,
- more active engagement during class time,
- trimesters parallel seasons (both in nature and in extracurriculars)
- students experience fewer class changes/transitions
- opportunities for immediate remediation
- additional credits for students to explore possible interests
- anticipated positive impact on school climate, student stress
- outweigh the negatives. We visited 4 schools in Wisconsin that have made the change to trimesters: New Glarus, West De Pere, Mequon Homestead, and Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln. All of these schools had faculty and parents concerned about this gap prior to implementation and all of these schools have indicated that those fears were overblown.
Lastly, we want to make sure we are answering your questions. So we will be producing and sharing an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about trimester. To submit a questions you would like answered, please use this form: Trimester FAQ Submission.
Have a great day!!
There will be no classes on February 23 & 24, 2017.
PARENT-TEACHER Conferences will be held on Thursday, February 23, from 4:00 - 7:30 pm and again on Friday, February 24, from 8:00 - 11:30 am. No appointment is necessary. We encourage your participation.
Spring break will be March 25 - April 2, 2017. Classes resume on Monday, April 3, 2017.
Spring Sports Sign Up
Spring sports are:
Baseball-Fee $70- practice begins March 20th
Softball- Fee $70- practice begins March 13th
Girls Soccer- Fee $70- practice begins March 20
Boys Tennis- Fee $70- March 27th
Lacrosse- Fee-$275- practice begins March 13th
Track & Field- Fee $70- practice begins March 6th
Golf- Fee $70- practice to begin March 27
*Scholarships for registration fees available. Apply during the online registration process. If you have any questions, please contact the athletic office at : email@example.com.