RHHS Wildcats: News You Can Use
#LND - LeaveNoDoubt - January 25, 2019
Course registration for next year begins soon
Registration and scheduling for classes for next year is beginning. Over the next several weeks, students and parents will have the opportunity to be part of this process. Below are some important dates/events-
· Monday, January 28--Rising 9th Grade Night -(East Cafe from 5pm - 7pm)
· Tuesday, January 29--Rising 9th Parent Breakfast (8am-9am in the East Cafeteria)
· Thursday, January 31-- All course selection forms to be distributed to students
· Monday, February 4--RHHS Academic Night (5pm-7pm)
· Tuesday, February 5--RHMS Rising 9th Grade Night (5:00pm-7:00pm)
· Thursday, February 7--All students submit completed course selection forms in extended advisement
· Monday, February 11--final deadline for students to submit course selection forms to advisor---after this time course selections will be made for them by advisor, admin, or counselor
Rising 9th grade parents: If you have any questions about the transition to 9th grade or about RHHS, please click HERE to submit questions prior to Rising 9th Grade Night on January 28. We will review these questions and provide relevant information during the presentations.
RHHS Beta Club Accepting Applications
The RHHS Beta Club is currently accepting applications for new members through January 31st. Please see membership requirements below. Applications can be picked up in room 412 or on the Beta bulletin board by the east cafeteria.
- Semester average of 80 or above in each individual class
- An overall cumulative average of 85 or above for all high school classes.
Continued membership requires that students:
- maintain the grade requirements listed above
- participate in service projects (at least 20 hours per year, 15 of those hours must be Beta-sponsored, ie. posted on Beta Google Classroom)
- attend regular meetings (at least 1 meeting per month)
Tardies and absences - changes for exam exemption and parking applications
- 6 tardies to school for the semester
- 6 absences (excused or unexcused) from the class
Teachers will communicate this change to students, but I wanted to make you aware as well. Students who think they will want to exempt exams need to make sure they are ON TIME to school each day.
As communicated already, an additional eligibility requirement has been added to the parking application, and this will be effective for the 2019-20 school year.
Students applying for a parking permit must meet expectations for limited tardies and absences for the prior two 9-weeks periods. Students who have excessive tardies and/or absences will not be eligible for a parking permit application.
While this goes into effect next school year, students need to realize that their tardies and absences THIRD and FOURTH 9-weeks impacts their eligibility for parking on campus next school year.
AP Exam registration continues
Taking the Advanced Placement exams is an important part of all AP courses. Richmond Hill High School expects that all students take AP exams for the AP classes in which they are enrolled. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn students college credit for their high school class, saving a significant amount on tuition.
For the May-2019 AP exams, students at Richmond Hill High School will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access.
This year each AP exam costs $100.00 with the exception of AP Seminar which is $142. Richmond Hill High School expects that every student will take their AP exams. Students requiring financial assistance should contact Ms Merry Tanner, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the East Campus 400 Hall to learn more about financial assistance that is available.
Online Exam registration began on Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 7:30 AM and will end on Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM. In order to register, students should click on the link provide on the school website or visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/112525 to register .To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end. We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
Richmond Hill High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration. Paying online is a great way to make sure that payment has been made while avoiding mailing payment.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 7:30 AM - Registration Begins
- Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM - Registration Ends
- Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 11:59 PM - Registrations that have not been paid for will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
- Thu, Feb 28, 2019 - Last day to cancel an exam and receive a full refund.
Please contact Ms Merry Tanner, email@example.com , RHHS AP Coordinator, if you would like to register for an exam not listed or have any questions.
Yearbooks and Senior Ads
Yearbooks are ON SALE for $80 until March 31. Also, SENIOR AD sales have been EXTENDED to January 31. To purchase both a senior ad and/or a yearbook, go to www.yearbookordercenter.com and key in our school’s order number (902). Once you’ve purchased an ad space, please email all text/copy and images to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships available for RHHS students
College Field Trips
At RHHS, many of our juniors and seniors are well into their college preparation. Most are in the process of taking the ASVAB, ACT, and SAT - and others are already visiting colleges independently and filling out applications.
RHHS is excited to be offering monthly college field trip opportunities this year to eligible juniors and seniors on a first come/first serve basis for the first 35 students to register.
RHHS junior and senior applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Passing all classes with a 70 or higher
2. No more than 3 tardies *
3. No more than 3 excused absences *
Upcoming field trips planned for 2nd semester include:
· 2/20/19 - Savannah Technical College
· March 2019 - Savannah State University
· April 2019 - Ogeechee Technical College (Statesboro, GA)
Eligible 11th and 12th grade students may register through this link
*Parents of the first 35 applicants each month are welcome and encouraged to volunteer as chaperones. Contact Jennifer Blanton, school counselor, at email@example.com, with any questions about eligibility criteria.
Class Dues-$10 late fee
RHHS student dues were uploaded to students’ MyPayments+ account on Tuesday, September 4, 2018. Dues are $30 per year if paid by 12/1. There is now a late fee of $10.
Students only pay for the years he/she attends RHHS. . When paying on MyPayments+, you will see a payment of $45. Please do not be alarmed by this. In an effort to streamline our payment process and make bookkeeping easier and more accurate, we have already included late fees into the total amount. Please use the discount code "January31" - this will reset the cost to $30 plus the $10 late fee.
February 22, 2019 is the final date to pay dues in order to get a prom ticket covered by payment of dues. Any junior or senior student who wishes to go to prom and does not pay dues before February 22, 2019, will have to purchase a prom ticket for $125. Students who have not paid dues in past years must pay those dues as well as dues for this year by the due date in order to receive prom ticket or to be able to participate in graduation week events and graduation ceremony.