Week of May 2
The vision of Rasor Elementary is to inspire our students to be lifelong learners and empower them to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgment, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow's resources and technology responsibly.
Motto: Educate for success, inspiring excellence.
Reminders and Info
- Make sure your first aid kit is fully stocked and taken to recess each day. If you need items, let nurse Pat know. Please only send students to the nurse in cases where the first aid kit cannot take care of the issue. Thank you for your help with this.
- If you or a student makes a phone call home to a parent, please leave a message.
- For grades 3-5, please make sure all students have scratch paper for Think Through Math.
- For Math MAP, please make sure students have scratch paper as well.
- CONGRATULATIONS!!! We have had two days in a row where all teachers have taken attendance within the proper 8:50-9:10 protocol. THANK YOU!
- Sign up for Summer Elementary Academy through MLP. Here are the courses: Summer Elementary Academy Catalog.
- End of Year PO's are due this Friday, May 6th.
- Thank you to Nicole, Diana, and Maurice for leading today PLC's.
Important Information about the upcoming Bond Election
Learn more about the 2016 Plano ISD
Bond Election at www.pisd.edu/2016bond
Bond Election 2016 Update: Early Voting Begins Monday, April 25
Early voting will be held April 25-30 and May 2 and 3. Hours vary depending upon the day of the week. With this election, voters will decide on a $481 million bond proposal which, if approved, will provide funding toward eight major project areas with no increase to the tax rate. Campuses will be impacted through district-wide security updates, renovations and facility upgrades, as well as technology improvements. Find out more, including specific project allocations, at www.pisd.edu/2016bond.
Early Voting Dates and Times:
· April 25, 26 & 27: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· April 28: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
· April 29 & 30: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· May 2 & 3: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Week of May 2-6 - National Children's Book Week and Teacher Appreciation Week
- Monday, May 2 - Mini PLC - Guided Reading
- Tuesday, May 3 - No Team Meetings with Admin
- Wednesday, May 4 - iLead (Zack and Staci out first half of day)
- Thursday, May 5 - Team Leader meeting
- Monday, May 9 - 3rd/4th Grade Math STAAR; 5th Grade Math STAAR Retake
- Tuesday, May 10 - 3rd/4th Grade Reading STAAR; 5th Grade Reading Retake
- Wednesday, May 11 - 5th Grade Science STAAR; School Nurse Day
Articles Worth Reading
- tinyurl.com/jf6t3g5 Guided Reading (new)
- Letting Go of Learning Styles- Submitted by Armstrong
10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation - Video - Worth Your Time
- How and Why Intrinsic Motivation Works
- Practical Ways to Develop Students’ Mathematical Reasoning
- Recognizing and Overcoming False Growth Mindset
- http://blogs.edweek.org Lessons from Abroad on Professional Learning
- 16 Inspirational Quotes From Children's Literature | Edutopia