ROOSEVELT BEAR TRACKS
Dear Roosevelt Parents/Guardians,
As the principal of Roosevelt Elementary School, I want to reach out and remind you of the importance of parent involvement in your child's education.
Research has consistently shown that when parents are actively involved in their child's school, it leads to better academic performance, improved behavior, and a stronger sense of community.
There are many ways that you can get involved in our school. You can attend parent-teacher conferences, volunteer in the classroom, or participate in parent-teacher association meetings. You can also help by reading with your child at home and encouraging them to take an active interest in their learning.
We also encourage parents to get involved in school events and activities. Your participation in events such as family nights, book fairs, and school performances helps to create a positive and supportive learning environment for all students.
We understand that many parents have busy schedules, and for our Spanish-speaking parents, we would like to remind you that we have bilingual staff available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Please know that any involvement, no matter how small, can make a big difference in your child's education. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher or to me. We are always happy to hear from you and work together to ensure that your child has the best possible learning experience.
Roosevelt Elementary Principal
PARKING LOT INFORMATION
PARENTS---Don't forget! Your student(s) are encouraged to be at Roosevelt AFTER 8:30am. Supervision outside is at 8:15am. Students that arrive to Roosevelt before 8:15am will wait outside, as doors open, promptly, at 8:15am.
Drop off area is designated for a quick drop off/pick up. Please don't park and wait with your child. You are welcome to park in a parking spot until doors open at 8:15am.
- No speeding through the parking lot.
- Use the crosswalk at all times.
- If you will be checking out your child the last 30 minutes of the day, you will need to call and prearrange check out with the office staff before 2:30pm. The same rules applies for bus riders.
- Call the office at 573-1700 to excuse an absence for the day.
- If your child is going to be gone from school for more than 3 consecutive day, you will need to complete a prearranged form and have the teacher and principal sign.
- Kindergarten parents/families have a letter to sign IF they want their kinder student to BRING a LIBRARY BOOK home now each week.
- Students with LOST or DAMAGED books will have a fine notice with their report card. They can ONLY check out books to keep at school until the fine is taken care of. Students can :
1. replace the book- with ANY book we can use in the library. Roosevelt Library has an Amazon Wish List https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/7BQED7MDEPMW?ref_=wl_share
2. WORK in the library to "pay" for the book with your (student) time at first recess
3. Pay the fine in the office with the library notice.
Please see Mrs. Hollrah or Mrs. Barr in the library - 509-573-1707
Congratulations to the top 3 classrooms who won the Attendance Competition for the month of January!
If you did not hear the announcement this morning, winners are:
Reward of the month is CRUMBL COOKIES!
Thank you to Crumbl for donating cookies for our Attendance competition winners for the month of January!! Cookies will be given to winners this Thursday, February 2nd.
Teachers I hope you all have been enjoying the competition and encouraging your students to come to school!
Student & Community Advocate