May 2, 2016
Remember to bookmark or favorite our SharePoint page. Our school calendar and all important documents are located there!
April 25 - DIBELS Due to Miller
April 26 - National Honor Society Induction
April 27 - Administrative Professionals Day
April 28 - Coaching Community meeting on campus
April 28 - Cyber Bullying PD (K-2 Only)
May 2-5 - Teacher Appreciation Week
May 4- Big Brother/Big Sister field trip to Southern Light
May 5 - INSTUCTIONAL ROUNDS at Hall
May 6 - Parent Meeting
Each grade level will have job-embedded in May for 1 1/2 days. Our focus will be on CFA and Unit planners for next school year. Please begin gathering testing resources, unit materials, etc. that you can use during job-embedded for all units and priority standards that will be covered 1st Quarter.
May 9 - 5th grade
May 10 - 4th grade
May 11- 3rd grade
May 12- 2nd grade
May 13 - 1st grade
May 16 - Kindergarten
May 17 - 5th grade/4th grade
May 18 - 3rd grade/ 2nd grade
May 19 - 1st grade / Kindergarten
Instructional Rounds Planning May 3
- Educators from around the state will be visiting classrooms and walking our halls. The focus of Instructional Rounds will be the use of CHECKS FOR UNDERSTANDING.
- Please make sure that your hallways are covered in appropriate student work that is centered around Units of Study, Math, and writing.
- Please be sure that you are on task at all times when visitors are in the building.
- If you are not on the schedule you will still have visitors walking by your room and passing you in the hallways. We expect that the halls will be quiet and orderly.
- NO screaming.
The following information was sent from the district last week. please REVIEW Summer School information as it has changed from previous years. We need to be sure that we share accurate information with parents!
The 2016 Elementary Summer School Program will ONLY be for those students in grades 3 -5. Students in grades K -2 will not be eligible for the summer school program. Enrichment will not be offered for students in grades K -4 in the summer school provided by the district. However, 5th grade students with a yearly average of 60% - 69% in Reading and/or Math will be eligible for enrichment.
To qualify for summer school, students in grades 3-5 must meet the following criteria:
• 3rd - 5th grade students with a yearly average of 45% - 59% in Reading and/or Math and score no more than one grade level equivalent below their current grade level in Reading and/or Math based on their final STAR screening.
• 5th grade students with a yearly average of 60% -69% in Reading and/or Math and no more than one grade level equivalent below their current grade level in Reading and/or Math based on their final STAR screening.
Please notify and inform parents as soon as possible about the changes in the summer school program.