St. Jude School
April 12th, 2019
From the Principal
We can do this, only three more school days until break! It feels like it has been a very long stretch waiting for Easter.
This weekend, our 8th-grade students will perform the Passion Play at all Masses. Mrs. Cindy Griffiths has been working Jacob Fada, David Griffith, Emma Basinski, Audrey Menner, Brooke Farley, Mackenzie King, Logan Eicher, Madison Perkins, and Brian Clark all winter preparing for this Palm Sunday performance of the Passion Play. We look forward to sharing this experience with you at Mass.
Mrs. Molly Hibler
Help us win a Facebook contest!
STREAM Class to host a Lemonade Stand
2019 Countdown to Summer Fundraising Calendar
PTO has launched its countdown to the Summer Raffle Calendar Fundraiser. Students will be selling calendars for the entire month of April, and then in May, we will announce a winner every day! Winner announcements will happen via the St Jude Jaguars PTO Facebook page as well as phone calls to the actual winners. With that being the case, we highly encourage family and friends to LIKE our Facebook page named St Jude Jaguars PTO.
- The PTO will be rewarding the TOP THREE Homerooms that sells the most raffle calendars with an ice cream social.
- A dress down pass will be given (for all children in the household) to the family who does successfully sell five raffle calendars.
- A Cleveland Cavaliers prize pack of apparel will be raffled off to those families who successfully sell ten raffle calendars.
- A pair of concert tickets to see Florida Georgia Line and Dan + Shay live in concert at Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio will be raffled off to those families who successfully sell 20 raffle calendars.
- The STUDENT who sells the most raffle calendars will be our TOP SELLER winner and will receive $100.00 cash to enjoy this summer! To be a TOP SELLER, a student must sell more than 20 raffle calendars.
If your students need more calendars than the five already given to each of them, please stop by the school office to ask for more. Also, should you have any specific questions on the raffle calendars or the fundraiser itself, please do not hesitate to contact Laurie BeVier (PTO Fundraiser Chair) at email firstname.lastname@example.org or via cell phone at 440-263-3960. Thank you.
St Jude PTO "Double the Fun" Easter Gift Basket Raffle
Two lucky winners will be chosen on Tuesday, April 16, to take home an Easter basket. From now until then, we invite you to try your luck and purchase raffle tickets. Stuffed inside both baskets are Easter goodies; everyone in the family will love. Tickets may be purchased now through Tuesday, April 16, end of school day, by sending your $1.00 cash payment per chance or $5.00 for six tickets in an envelope to the school office labeled PTO Easter basket raffle. Value of each Easter basket is approximately $75.00. Both gift baskets will be on display in the school office. Please cut tickets before sending back in. Thank you for your continued ongoing support of the St. Jude School PTO!
Interested in joining PTO
St Jude PTO is looking for one or two PARENT VOLUNTEERS to be a box tops leader and a Marco Pizza dinner night person. He/She would coordinate these activities and provide communication to student families. During the school year, various events or activities will crop up that need someone to spearhead to run efficiently. If interested in becoming an active member of the St. Jude School PTO, please email members of PTO at email@example.com or feel free to speak with Mrs. Hibler or Mrs. Rowe.
2nd Annual X-STREAM Games
On Saturday, Holy Name High Schoo hosted the 2nd Annual X-Stream Games. Many thanks to all the staff and students who participated! Very special congratulations to K-2 Arcade Academy on winning 1st and 3rd place, Kitchen Chemistry and Global Cardboard Challenge on their 2nd place finish, and the Vex Robotics team for their 2nd and a 3rd place finish.
Junior Achievement-Volunteers Needed
CYO Umbrella Fundraiser
Order Your May Hot Lunch
Monday, May 6th is the last day to purchase the Friday Hot Lunch on 5/28. NO PREPAYS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 8:30 AM. All hot lunches must be prepaid using your child’s lunch card. There is a prepay button at the kiosk set up for this purchase. You can prepay until the Tuesday before that specific Friday lunch. Each time you order, the costs is $3.50. WE CAN NOT TAKE LATE ORDERS. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 31 (5/28)
What's for Lunch?
This Week at St Jude School
- Spirit Day--add any St. Jude top to uniform bottoms
- Model UN Conference
- Drama Rehearsal crew and 5-8 cast 2:40-5:00
- Model UN Conference
- Drama Rehearsal--all crew, cast 3-8 2:40-5:00
- Class Color Day-Junior High
- Hot Dog lunch for those who ordered
- 8:00 am 8th graders perform Passion Play at the Church
- 1:50 pm Rosary prayer service at Church
- Last day of school!
- Spring Break Begins!
- School Resumes