Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
April 11-15, 2016
- A HUGE thank you goes out to all the parents that helped with and organized our Disability Awareness Workshop. The kids learned a lot and will remember this experience for a long time!
Our very first "Night Owl Mystery Skype" is tomorrow, Tues., April 12th @ 8:00 pm in Room 205. Students need to be dropped off (promptly) @ 8:00 and picked up @ 9:00. Thanks in advance for your support!
- We completed our 2nd CS First (computer science) activity last week- our students coded some awesome racing games! I couldn't be prouder of their problem solving, creativity and collaboration! Be sure to ask your child about it!
- Student-Led Conferences will take place Wed., April 13th in the evening and Thurs., April 14th all day/evening. In consideration of other members of our class, I ask that you & your child please be prompt for your conference. In the event that you are late, we will need to reschedule, so that your we have enough time to highlight your child's work (and so that the entire schedule is not disrupted). Thanks!
- Due to Student-Led conferences on Thurs., April 14th there will be no school for students.
- If your child is working on their poster for the "Arbor Week" Contest, please make sure that it is turned in by Fri., April 15th. Entering the contest is optional. Please DO not write your child's name on the poster, they have been coded for anonymity purposes, thanks!
- KidBlog: Your post and 3 comments are due by Tues., April 19th.
- Spelling test on_Fri., 4/15.
- Things to ask your child about: CS First, Scratch, Disability Awareness Workshop, Night Owl Mystery Skype, blog
- I appreciate our parents continuing to sign the planners nightly.
- Remember...together we’re better!
Sincerely, Susan Howey