BRES Panther Press-Special Edition
4th Quarter Return
Please read for important Information regarding PWCS Return to In-Person School Plan!
BRES New Bell Times: 8:45-2:55 p.m.
- All bell schedules, including for virtual-only students, will change effective February 23rd.
- Bristow Run's new school tmes are 8:45-2:55 p.m.
Some reminders before you dive into the information below:
- Houses are divided by last name (A-K in person students come to school on Tuesdays/Thursdays and L-Z come to school on Wednesdays/Fridays)
- Mondays continue to be an asynchronous day
Face Coverings: Return to In-Person Learning
- If you child forgets their mask at home one day, the school will provide a disposable mask to your child.
- Face coverings will be required on buses (disposable ones will be available upon entry)
- The CDC advises that everyone should stay 6 feet apart and our room sizes currently permit that.
- Students will all have to wear a mask while at school unless there is a documented disability or medical condition.
- As long as the Governor-declared health emergency exists, face coverings will be required for all students, staff and visitors inside any PWCS facility at any time 6 feet or more of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Teachers will be encouraged to take their students outside when possible.
- Students will sit in designated spots on the bus that are marked with tape.
- Windows may be will be open to encourage air flow on the buses.
- Students will be expected to wear masks and disposal face mask will be available to students when they get on the bus if they don't have one.
- No temperature checks will be done prior to students getting on the bus.
- Buses will be cleaned regularly by trained staff.
- We will have staff outside as students are arriving and dismissing from school.
Breakfast & Lunch
- Breakfast and lunch are free, at no cost to families.
- Breakfast and lunch will be eaten in the classrooms.
- Kindergarten through 3rd grade, breakfast will be served in the classroom.
- 4th & 5th grade students will pick up breakfast when they arrive at school in the cafeteria and maintain social distance.
- All lunches will be delivered to the classrooms.
- Accommodations will be made for all students who have food allergies.
- Hallways have lines of colored tape throughout the building for visual reminders of 6 ft distance.
- There are also arrows showing the direction that the flow of traffic should be.
- See photos below for examples
Hallways With Lines & Markings for 6 ft Social Distancing
Hallways Lines and Arrows for Traffic Flow
Water Fountains & Bathrooms
- PWCS is temporarily suspending the use of all water fountains.
- BRES has water filling stations that are installed at our school and are available for use.
- All students will need a water bottle. If they don't have one, we will have cases of water available at school.
Shared bathrooms (in classrooms) will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
Students will be washing their hands after each bathroom visit.
- Certain sinks, urinals, stalls may be blocked off for spacing purposes.
- Students numbers will be monitored when entering the hallway bathrooms.
- Custodians will thoroughly clean bathrooms.
Water Fountains Closed, But Water Filling Stations Opened
- Our teachers will be teaching students Bristow Run's safety expectations.
- Plexiglass dividers on students' desks
- Students will maintain 6 ft social distance in classrooms.
- Materials will be cleaned on a daily basis.
- Collective sharing of materials will be extremely limited in the classrooms.
- No parent treats will be allowed in the room.
Recess will be outdoors, weather permitting for 30 minutes
The playground is section off to limit number of students in the different areas of the playground.
The equipment will be cleaned on a regular basis.
Students will also be permitted to bring small things/items to personally play with at indoor and outdoor recess.
Information from School Nurse: Mrs. Antonucci
Just as a reminder:
If your child becomes sick at school with any Covid-19 and/or influenza-like symptoms that cannot be attributed to another known diagnosis, you will be called and asked to take your child home.
It is extremely important to review and complete your child’s emergency card. Please be sure all phone numbers are accurate and up to date. Notify the school immediately should your contact information change.
Parents are asked to evaluate their students for symptoms of illness each day before sending them to school. If your child has any of the following symptoms, please do not send them to school: fever greater than or equal to 100.4, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of sense of taste or smell, sore throat, nasal congestion/nasal discharge, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle aches, fatigue, chills, or headache.
If your child has been exposed to someone who has tested positive and it's been determined that he/she is a close contact, your child will need to quarantine at home for 14 days and may return to in-person learning on day 15 providing they have no symptoms.
It is important for me to know if a student is a close contact or has tested positive, even if they are virtual learners. Please call or email me with questions or to provide medical updates regarding your child.
Beth Antonucci, RN
Bristow Run Elementary Facebook Group, is a closed group on Facebook so you must request access. Please click on the "button above" to join the group and see all the amazing things our students are doing at BRES!
Want to see the PWCS Twitter craze? Please follow us @BristowRunES