~ Hawley Elementary School Newsletter: January 2, 2022 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti.....
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Teachers, and Staff,
I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season and Winter Break. We are still up against the virus as the new strain is more easily spread. Dr. Rodrigue and the District nurse will be sending out information regarding the return of school.
However, I thought before looking at what lies ahead, we could take a moment and look back at our terrific December.
Buckle up, stay seated, and keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .....
~ Happy New Year ~
~ A Message from the Counselor & Specials ~
- Click HERE for the Winter Elementary Counselors' Newsletter to learn about dealing with stress and/or anxiety as well as some Mindfulness strategies.
- Click HERE for the Special Area Teachers' Newsletter to find out what has been going on in Art, Library, Music, PE & Spanish.
~ Kindness Month ~
The students created and we posted the 1 Act that everyone did. The Kindness grew like a vine....
~ Hawley PTA ~
- Thurs, 1/20: PTA Meeting, 6:00 PM- Meet & Greet with the District's new Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Wes Johnson
- Breakfast Cart: Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! Staff is always so appreciative of this very thoughtful and special treat to start our day. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
- Holiday Bazaar: We were so pleased to be able to hold this event this year. Students loved the chance to shop for gifts to give to loved ones.
~ December / Winter Mode ~
Important Reminders / General Info
- A Newtown High School student is collecting coloring books and supplies to distribute to local organizations. We will have a collection box in our lobby for coloring books, crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc. We are collecting through Feb 1.
- Thank you for your continued support and for all the kind words and messages. They truly keeps us going!