Cobb Middle School Weekly News
January 11 - 15
Coming Up This Week...
- Gifted and Talented Referral period is open through January 21st (SEE BELOW)
- DEAR BELL SCHEDULE (view all bell schedules)
- Talent Show auditions (Day 1), 4:00-5:30 p.m., Cafe
- Science Fair Open House, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Library and front hallway
- Clubs and Organizations Picture Day
- Student-Led Bible Study, 3:40-4:15 p.m., B123
- Staff Meeting, 3:50-4:50 p.m., Library (NO AFTERNOON TUTORIALS)
- Talent Show auditions (Day 2), 4:00-5:30 p.m., Cafe
- NJHS General Meeting 7:55-8:15 a.m., D111 OR 3:40-4:00 p.m., E102
- ALTERNATE BELL SCHEDULE for Suicide Prevention Presentation (PARENT LETTER)
- Choir UIL Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., G108
- 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Stafford, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Stafford, 5:30-8:30 p.m., SMS
- DEAR BELL SCHEDULE
Rehearsal/Elective Video Recording for Symphonic/Phiharmonic Orchestra, 7:20 a.m.
- END OF MARKING PERIOD 3
Save the Dates
- 1/18 - NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 1/21 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Wester, 5:30-8:30 p.m., WMS
- 1/21 - Choir UIL Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., G108
- 1/21 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Wester, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 1/23 - Math/Science Meet, all day, Colleyville MS, Colleyville
- 1/25 - Rising Freshman Night, 6:00 p.m., Wakeland HS
- 1/25 - Rising Freshman Night, 6:30 p.m., Lone Star HS
- 1/26 - Art Club, 3:45-4:45 p.m., B120
- 1/27 - Wakeland and Lone Star counselors meet with 8th graders
- 1/27 - Talent Show dress rehearsal, 4:00-5:30 p.m., Cafe
- 1/28 - PEP RALLY BELL SCHEDULE - Winter Sports Pep Rally, 3:05 p.m., Large Gym
- 1/28 - Choir UIL Rehearsal, 4:30-6:00 p.m., G108
- 1/28 - 7th & 8th Grade Boys Basketball vs. Griffin, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Cobb Gyms
- 1/28 - 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball vs. Griffin, 5:30-8:30 p.m., GMS
- 1/29 - Symphonic Band performance at Fisher Elementary, 7:30-8:15 a.m.
- 1/29 - PTA Board Meeting, 4:45-5:45 p.m., Library
- 1/29 - PTA Regular Meeting and Talent Show, 5:45-8:00 p.m., Cafe
Attendance Reminders -
- Absence notification: Email or handwritten notes only (we are unable to accept phone calls)
- Doctor’s Notes: Submitted within three days
- Mismarked attendance: Contact the teacher directly, who will notify attendance clerk if a change needs to be made
- Click here for further explanation.
Have you ordered your yearbook? - Stay tuned for details about the last opportunity to purchase a 2015-2016 Cobb yearbook in January. NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD after January 29th, so don't miss out.
Gifted and Talented Referrals - Open referrals will be accepted January 7th through January 21st. All paperwork must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. on January 21st. If you are interested in having your child screened for our GT program, please contact Lindsay Brotherson. If your child is already receiving GT services, he/she does not need to rescreen. For more information concerning this process, please visit the Cobb website.
Red Out T-Shirts - Red Out Day (February 12th), supporting the American Heart Association, is being led by the NJHS students this year. One of the ways they are helping to promote Red Out Day and to raise money for the AHA is by selling Red Out shirts that can be ordered through the AHA website from now until January 28th (SEE FLYER BELOW).
Theater UIL Dates and Instructions - Are you a theater lover? Read here to see how you can be involved in this year's UIL season!
FCA Weekend of Champions - FCA will host its annual sports camp February 26-28. Registration is open now and ends February 5th. Visit the DFW FCA website to sign up. Feel free to email Coach Young for more information.
Lost and Found - The Lost and Found is located along the back wall of the cafeteria. All misplaced items of clothing, lunchboxes, pencil bags, etc. should be brought to this location if found. However, lost phones, tablets, jewelry or other valuables should be turned into Mrs. Mecom in the Assistant Principals' office. Unclaimed items in the Lost and Found will be donated at the end of each six-week marking period.