Burleson Elementary News
January 7, 2021
A Note From Mrs. Coffman
A few reminders:
- The tardy bell rings at 7:45 am - if your child is dropped off late, you must sign your child in at the office
- Please make sure your child has a mask in grades 4-5 and all students have a water bottle
- Dismissal is at 4:25 pm for all students
- La campana de tardanza suena a las 7:45 am - si su hijo llega tarde, debe registrarlo en la oficina.
- Asegúrese de que su hijo tenga una máscara en los grados 4-5 y que todos los estudiantes tengan una botella de agua.
- La salida es a las 4:25 pm para todos los estudiantes.
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Cc.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 17.
- Library book is due back on Tuesday.
- Please write number of words read on reading log in purple folder.
- Bring water bottle every day.
- No School next Friday, Jan. 15.
- Please check snack chart.
- Send extra change of clothes for cold weather.
Thank you for all your support. Have a safe and blessed weekend.
Mrs. A 😊
1. Report cards go home today. Please sign and return tomorrow. The colored copy is yours to keep!
2. Read, read, read! Please fill out your child's reading log. Initial and color each day that they read.
3. Practice new and old sight words. Our test will be next Friday.
4. No school on Friday, January 15th!
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns :)
Here a just a few reminders....
- Spelling test will be next Tuesday.
- Continue to practice +7's.
- Sight word test over purple words is on Friday.
- Please make sure to send a water bottle each day.
- Read, Read, Read every night and be ready to AR test.
- NO school next Friday, January 15th!
* -0 math facts quiz this Friday(tomorrow).
* -1 math facts quiz next Thursday, even though it is a short week.
* No Saxon or spelling test this Friday, it will be on next Tuesday.
* Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR test!!!
* Be sure you are reading every night and filling out the Home Reading Log. They are due every Friday(or the last day of the school week on a short week).
* There is no school next Friday, January 15th.
Second graders have shown tremendous growth so far this year. We will continue to work hard each and everyday so that they are ready for third grade!
- We are off to a great start already!!!!
- In math we are learning how to multiply 2 digit times 1 digit numbers and finding patterns in charts.
- In Science we are learning about how Earth's forces change landforms. We have experimented with volcanoes, landslides and Earthquakes!!!
- Math fact homework is due on Friday!!! We will take our Math Fact test on Friday!
- In reading we are studying Folktales and how they have a message that teaches us about life. We are also learning about what makes up a Folktale and how they are different from other fiction stories.
- In Social Studies we are reviewing what we learned for 3 weeks right before Christmas. We will be talking about communities and how they communicate. We will also be reviewing transportation in communities and how that has changed over time because of Technology.
- Make sure you are reading every night and filling out the Home Reading Log.They are due every Tuesday.
- We are finally going to get to finish and publish our Book! This next week if I am missing a permission note from you I will be sending a message so please make sure you are checking Dojo.
It has been a very busy first week back to school!
- We are reviewing paired reading passages and poetry ready for our 3rd CBA assessment next Tuesday.
- Tomorrow students will test over this week's vocabulary words. There won't be any new words next week due to the CBA and also No School next Friday!
- Please remind your child to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Independent reading is crucial for their success.
- This week's social studies is a review week before we move on to learning about the Alamo next week.
Please keep Mrs. Bell in your prayers. Hopefully she will be back with us next week!
-Please have your student study multiplication math facts every night for 5 to 10 minutes.
We are working on multiplying fractions and we will soon be going in to dividing fractions and knowing our math facts makes the learning a whole lot easier.
-Thank you for all you do.
So happy to see everyone back from the break!
- No Spelling, we are focusing on vocabulary in class
- READ READ READ
- Report cards went home today
BRONCO BASKETBALL & POWER LIFTING SHIRT ORDERS MONEY DUE TUESDAY JANUARY 12TH
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
JANUARY LUNCH MENU
NO SCHOOL NEXT FRIDAY JANUARY 15TH
Come out to the Terry County Stock Show and support our students.