Cordata Elementary School
April 2019 Newsletter
Congratulations to Ms. Nigretto - GREAT TEACHING Promise Award Winner for Bellingham Public Schools
Spring Gardening with Common Threads
A message from Margo, our wonderful garden educator:
Hello and happy April! We’re delighted to be back in the garden! Students are cultivating and planting garden beds with peas, lettuce, broccoli, radishes, and much more! If your student enjoys gardening and cooking, check out Common Threads' Spring and Summer break camps! Need-based scholarships are available! Visit https://commonthreadsfarm.org/programs/camp-programs/ for more info. Come celebrate school gardens at Common Threads’ 5th annual Dirt Fest on Wednesday, April 24th:Join the Common Threads team for a community-wide garden party at Carl Cozier Elementary 2:30 - 4pm. For more info, please contact me: email@example.com
Kindergarten Registration for Fall 2019
We offer a full-time kindergarten program at all elementary schools at no cost to district families. Students attend kindergarten on the regular elementary school schedule from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Children must be 5 years old before Sept. 1 to attend kindergarten.
Kindergarten open houses and tours begin in early May.
Mark your calendars - UPCOMING DATES
- April 19 - Spring Social, hosted by Cordata PTA - a Hawaiian Themed evening of dancing, food and family FUN!
- April 22 - Promise K Family Night
- May 13 - General PTA Meeting
- May 24 - Bike Rodeo, grades 3, 4 and 5
- June 7 - 5th grade track meet
- June 19 - Field Day
- June 20 - last day of school
Cordata PTA News
- enjoys connecting with others in the Cordata community
- wants to help plan fun, community-building events for Cordata students and families
- likes being part of a team
Then the PTA board is for you! You will work alongside Cordata administration and staff, as well as community partners, so that the work isn't overwhelming for any one person, and we can all enjoy seeing the positive effects of our work!
Please contact the Cordata PTA if you're interested in joining us, as a PTA member or a board member or BOTH!
Other PTA News:
We are also looking for two volunteers to be part of the Nominating Committee (two volunteers to identify candidates for the PTA Board for the 2019-2020 school year). All board positions are currently available and elections will be held in May or June.
We are also looking for one more volunteer to do the PTA's mid year financial review.
If you are interested in any of the above volunteer opportunities or have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Box Tops News
Pack the Paw News
Congratulations 2nd grade! You got 12,301 points! At the end of the event our school raised a total of $539.70! Great Job!
Family Fun Night - Spring Social 4.19.19
Save the date for our Spring Social (formally know as the Big Event) on April 19th from 5:30-8pm. Enjoy a Hawaiian themed night with family and friends filled with dancing, a dessert walk, guessing jars, raffles, a photo booth, concessions and special guest Kona Ice! More detailed information coming soon.
Box Tops News
- Our first school check from General Mills was $605.70 (from Box Tops collected from 3.2017 to 11.2018)! Stay tuned for info on what we earned from 12.2018 to 3.2019.
- Congratulations to Mr. Bishop's 3rd grade class for winning the Touchdown for Box Tops Contest!
- Our last contest of the year will be 4/8 - 6/7 . The class with the most Box Tops collected will win something special and this year we will also award the top student in each class that turns in the most Box Tops. Good Luck Bobcats!