Task #1: What is Thinglink?
- ThingLink is the leading platform for creating interactive images
- It can be used with all subjects
- It can be used in the APP and in a browser
- It can be used on computer. There are more options on the web version and you are welcome to use a computer during this time instead of you iPad.
- Both teachers and students can be the creator of a Thinglink
- Check out the examples below to get an idea for what it can do.
Task #2: Get the APP
- Click the link below to download the app
- If you already have the app and an account then skip to Task #5
Task #3 - Set up your account
- Click on "Get Started"
- Sign up with your Midway Google Account
- Click "accept"
NOTE: Students can use their Google Accounts also. This will make it so much easier for students to not have to keep up with another log in and password.
Task #4 - Look at the sample
NOTE: If you already had the APP downloaded, skip this part.
- Look at the JFK sample to see what Thinglink can do
- Click on the little "i" for information
- Click on the play button to see video
Task #5 - Create a Thinglink
- Go to the plus icon in the top right corner
- Select an image
- Add Text (Text limited to 2000 characters)
- Add Media (Take a video, Choose from gallery, add from YouTube)
Now that you know how to use Thinglink, spend the rest of the time:
- making a Thinglink for your students to use
- planning a way to have your students create a Thinglink
- Enter videos as links from clean video search using the "Add Text" feature in Thinglink if you are unsure if it will play for a student.
- Videos attached from your camera roll will play for students