GCIS Friday Focus 12/4/2015
Be the Key to Our Success!
Teachers on a Friday Morning Be Like....
Wanted to provide you all a great laugh as we close out the week! So very grateful for each of you! We all need to create time in our day to laugh. What does that look like for you? Reflect back in your day? Did you laugh? IF NOT....HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO GET YOUR LAUGH ON! Thanks for a great week, and our great conversations today with Julie G! I am looking forward to having her help us with our work this year as we learn together! Our conversations energized me today!
Special thanks to all the duty teachers and your efforts to keep our spaces in the morning and afternoon safe! Please let me know if there is anything that we may need to adjust.
Link to AM/PM Duties:
What's Happening This Week!
- Family/Student Mtg 1pm
- Band & Choir to Middle School Afternoon
- IEP Mtg 3:15pm
- Band & Choir Concert 7pm MS
- 7:30am GCIS Learning Sessions
- Lunch Dates w/ Students
- 504 Mtg 3:00pm
- Collaboration 2:00pm
- IEP Mtg 9:15am MS
- Mtg w/ Tim 1:30pm
- Fundraising Pick Up 3:00-6:00 Lunchroom
PBIS Incentive Party: Friday December 18th
We met and had a great meeting about the PBIS incentive party, recess updates, and private dining updates! Click HERE for the PBIS Flyer to read and review if needed. Below a capture a few take-a-ways from our meeting.
Things Discussed & Items to Celebrate!
- Students are responding well to reminders and redirects at recess, and when bell rings to line up at the whistle!
- The addition of the alternative location for students that need to enter private dinning has gone great and lunchroom atmosphere is doing much better.
- Still working on noise level with students, and talking about ways we can develop a consistent language with voice level chart in all areas, using the name badge.
- Recess/Duty/Lunchroom Staff Meeting once a month on a Friday at 2:00pm works for the majority!!! YES!
Items to Consider for Next Time: (Next Mtg Friday Jan. 15th 2:00-2:30 MC)
- DO we have enough data to support that the recess updates & private dinning tickets should stay, linked with our next PBIS Incentive Day after Iowa Assessments in Feb.
People in Attendance:
- All associates
- Annette Meier, Annette Coil
- Connie Hoffman
*If you desire more info or want to bring up something to the group for next time touch base with me either F2F, email, or contact one of the above mentioned ROCKSTARS!
Special Shout Outs!
- I have thoroughly loved those of you that have taken on the #12daystwitter challenge! It has been so great to see everyone using the hashtag #GCISLearns to tweet out each day! You all are rockstars! Keep the fun coming! I appreciate your willingness to take a leap of faith! I am grateful for those that have encouraged others to take that leap with you! We are all in this together! If you are wishing you did take on the challenge and want to play catch up, let me know and we can work something out! My hope is that you all find how you can use this great tool for professional growth and how we can all support each other along the way!
- I wanted to thank Julie G. for coming and participating in our learning walk today, along with great dialogue and conversation as we each reflect individually and as a team about where we are at on the continuum of moving towards PBL and what that might look like for each of us this year!
- I wanted to give #madprops to our very own IC Brenda Onken! She is one crazy cool coach that I am so grateful we have on our team! I love how she is working with each of you and supporting you with all of the above! I also appreciate our conversations as we collaborate around supports and our work with our Building Goal! We LOVE you Brenda!
Let's Have Some Fun Already!
*Below I have included a few awesome opportunities to participate, have some fun, share some laughs, and enjoy these next 2 weeks together! Add these days to your calendar and I will blast a REMIND text to all of you the eve of the event!
Fun Flannel Friday!
- Friday December 11th
- The theme is Flannel all around! Where a flannel shirt and receive a special treat to make your Friday even more awesome!
Ugly Sweater Day
- Friday December 18th
- Vote on the Ugliest Sweater
- Casey's Giftcard for winner!
- I would also like to schedule a staff photo on this day for our weekly newsletter to GCIS families!
*The goodwill in Ames has a full rack! Get them before the college kids do! You can also go into Ragstock in the mall and they have a selection! Or raid your mothers closet!
GCIS December Professional Development Calendar
I have also included in our calendar a 10 Days of Twitter Challenge with an incentive that you are not going to want to miss out on! Details on both of these will be sent later this week. We will not be having a large meeting this month to allow for additional time with your team as you wrap up and plan for after break. We will be reflecting together as a large group when we return from break around the 2 challenges mentioned above.
Remember: Our goal in planning a PD calendar each month is to allow for some flexibility so you can get into other learning sessions around the district if it aligns with your individual learning needs. Please take advantage of this opportunity if it aligns with your goals.
Lastly, please use the hashtag #GCISLearns to tweet out your learning on these days! You all are doing so many great things! This allows us to learn from each other without being at the table! Thanks again for taking risks in your learning with twitter to support other teachers in their learning and professional growth!