January 19, 2021
Each Monday you'll receive this email with general Wiley news and information from school community partners - PTA, Wiley Elementary Foundation, Cecilia Rawlins Fund, and others.
The information will be archived on our website.
- Second Semester - Wednesday kicks off our Second Semester! It's hard to believe that half the year is complete. As you are likely aware, ALL students remain in remote learning for the next few weeks. For continuity, student schedules will not change. Students will remind in their group/cohort just as they were last week. Shifts for students transitioning from Virtual Academy to Face-to-Face instruction will occur when we return to campus. If your student has questions, their morning meeting time is a great time to ask questions and clarify daily schedules.
- Third Quarter Materials Pick-Up - Friday, January 22nd from 9:30am - 3:30pm - Materials will be organized for a quick, convenient grab & go. Don't forget your mask!
News from our Wiley PTA
WILEY WEAR SALE STARTS TODAY
Our second Wiley Wear sale of the year is live! Visit the link to buy all of your Wiley gear. (By popular demand: PJ pants and quarter-zips in kids and ADULT sizes!) The sale will run until Wednesday, 1/27. All orders are printed at the end of the sale and should be ready for shipping or pickup at the school about two weeks later.
WILEY'S 2020-2021 YEARBOOK IS NOW ON SALE!
To purchase your yearbook
click the "order pictures and yearbooks" button
enter school code FMYB100336
Yearbooks are $18 until March 26, then the price goes up to $20.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
YEARBOOK IS LOOKING FOR EACH STUDENT TO SUBMIT AT LEAST 3 PHOTOS!
The Wiley 2021 Yearbook is going to tell the story of what it was like to be a student during a worldwide pandemic. We need your pictures to bring it to life!
Here are some ideas:
A visit to a museum, downtown landmarks, zoo, pumpkin picking, etc
LEARNING FROM HOME
Show us what your virtual learning workspace looks like
Send pix of learning at home or students snuggled up with a book
Playing an instrument, showcasing artwork, or playing a favorite sport
FRIENDS & SCHOOL SPIRIT
Socially distant (COVID compliant) photos with your Wiley friends Photos in your Wiley Wear
EMAIL your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
accepting photos through all of 3rd Quarter
SAVE TIME AND MONEY! PURCHASE 2021-2022 SCHOOL SUPPLIES ONLINE TODAY!
Once again this year, Wiley Elementary is partnering with EPI, a school supply vendor that ships the package directly to your child's classroom. (In the event that the 2021 school year begins remotely, you will pick up your child’s school supplies with their other supplies, just like we did this year.)
With a few simple clicks, you can purchase supplies for your children, and completely AVOID waiting in line at multiple stores or hunting on Amazon.com! These school supplies have been hand-selected by Wiley teachers, so there's no guesswork on your part.
Here's how to purchase your school supplies today!
· Click this link: https://www.educationalproducts.com/ShopPacks
· Code: WIL772
· For each of your children, order one grade-level pack and one language/electives pack.
· You can also order additional packs for students in need by adding extra packs to your shopping cart and labeling them DONATION DONATION (first and last name).
Questions? Ask Matt Ferraguto at email@example.com
LEARN MORE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KF8JE0sKg8
PTA IMPORTANT DATES:
- 1/27 Wiley Wear Orders Due
- 3/26 Early discount yearbook orders due
News from our Cecilia Rawlins Fund
News from our Wiley Elementary Foundation
Tuesday, January 19 - Workday
Wednesday, January 20 - Remote Learning continues for all students
Wednesday, January 27 - Wiley Wear orders due
Thursday, January 28 - Magnet Application period closes
Wednesday, February 3 - Asynchronous Day
Monday, February 15 & Tuesday, February 16 - No School
Wednesday, February 24 - Asynchronous Day
March 26 - Early Deadline for Yearbook Orders
- Segundo semestre - ¡El miércoles comienza nuestro segundo semestre! Es difícil creer que la mitad del año esté completo. Como probablemente sepa, TODOS los estudiantes permanecerán en aprendizaje remoto durante las próximas semanas. Por continuidad, los horarios de los estudiantes no cambiarán. Los estudiantes recordarán en su grupo / cohorte como lo hicieron la semana pasada. Los cambios para los estudiantes en transición de la Academia Virtual a la instrucción presencial ocurrirán cuando regresemos al campus. Si su estudiante tiene preguntas, su tiempo de reunión matutino es un buen momento para hacer preguntas y aclarar los horarios diarios.
- Recogida de materiales del tercer trimestre: viernes 22 de enero de 9:30 a. M. A 3:30 p. M., Los materiales se organizarán para un rápido y conveniente agarrar y llevar. ¡No olvides tu máscara!