'Never Missing a Teaching and Learning Trick!'
December 13 - January 14
New year, new you!
The fourth issue of the HOLE e-bulletin focuses on the great CPD that will be available in the coming months:
- CLiC groups will get more time in the new year to re-establish the aims and objectives. Due to a lack of time in term 1, the CLiC groups will remain the same for term 2 to enable the team to really consolidate the collaborative work. Remember to go and observe some of your group when you get a spare ten minutes!
- All staff will have completed the 'Using Social Media to enhance CPD' training session. Remember to commit at least 10 minutes per day to get the most out of this!
- This February development day will see the curriculum area welcome Hilary Nunns from 'Can do courses'. Hilary specialises in behaviour management and will be delivering a session with lots of practical advice to use in the classroom. The afternoon session will be open for you to choose your CPD. Geoff Petty will again be delivering a session and it promises to be full of new content. Book early to get a slot!
- A teacher day has been planned for April and here the aim is to revisit Aims and Objectives and also Questioning Strategies. The afternoon will give you the opportunity to do some vocational CPD and we are lining up some of our very own specialists to deliver 30 minute drop-in lectures.
Forgotten how to use twitter? Watch this...
Dan's Twitter Guide
Sharing of Teaching and Learning Ideas
At the last AP session, the following individuals shared some practice. All resources are available on the following link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B09I2y0AxL-2NXh4RFRaa2J5clE&usp=sharing
- Dan Williams - Reflecting on Difficulty and Stickability (RoDS)
- Paul Latimer - Using TedEd as a flip learning tool
- Harvey Smith - Using Padlet as a flip learning tool
- James Corbett - Tarsia Task
- Dan Williams - SOLO Taxonomy to structure lessons
Want some extra CPD? - Have a look at these events.
Wednesday, Jan. 29th, 6pm
A free event for teachers organised by teachers - come and see some great practice