March 24, 2020
ESE Online/Continued Learning March 23-27
Learning Opportunities for all ESE students will be posted by grade level each Monday on the ESE website. You can access them by going to ESE's Online/Continued Learning web page. In addition to grade level opportunities, you will find links for Fine Arts and our Counselor.
For PK-2, teachers will use Seesaw as the teaching and communication platform. For 3-5, the platform being used is Google Classroom. Please contact your child's teacher or Kasey Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly with any log in concerns.
Eagle Challenge March 23-27
We have 2 Eagle Challenges this week. Parents can post pictures on Twitter. Please tag @HumbleISD_ESE and use the hashtag #eseSOAR . Pictures can also be shared with teachers via email. They love to see what their students are doing!
TUESDAY'S EAGLE READING CHALLENGE: Read a book with your pet or stuffed animal!
THURSDAY'S EAGLE STEM CHALLENGE: Use any 3 items from your house to make a boat that will float in the sink or bathtub. We can't wait to see what you create!
Buildings and Events CLOSED through April 10
Humble ISD offers free meals to students
Humble ISD will offer free breakfast and lunch food on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Families are invited to pick up one day of breakfast and lunch food. No reservations will be taken for March 24 carry out.
- Breakfast and lunch may be picked up from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. on Tuesday, March 24, at six sites: at Elm Grove Elementary School, Oaks Elementary School, Ridge Creek Elementary School, River Pines Elementary School, Humble Middle School, or Ross Sterling Middle School.
- Children and students should be present to receive meals. The meals are for children 1-18 years old and all Humble ISD students. No child will be turned away. There is no charge.
- Families, please remain in your cars to maintain social distancing. Humble ISD staff will bring meals to your vehicle as you drive through car rider/bus lanes. For those individuals who plan to walk and pick up meals, please follow the directions of staff on site at each location.
- Thank you, individuals and groups that offered to volunteer! Unfortunately, the district is unable to accept your kind offers at this time. Part of our containment strategy is limiting crowds and contact.
- The district will not be collecting reservations for March 24.
Google Sign-In from Home
Read to Succeed
Just a reminder that your Read to Succeed minutes are due April 17th. If minutes are not logged in on that day, a Six Flags ticket will not be issued. Reading logs can be turned into Mrs. Beach or minutes can be logged in at sixflags.com/books using your class code. If you have any questions please contact Heather Beach at email@example.com.
Kindergarten Round Up
Mark your calendars and tell your friends.....Kindergarten Round Up will be Thursday, April 16 at 6:00pm. Join us to learn about all of the policies and procedures to register your child for Kindergarten. Students must be 5 on or before September 1, 2020 to start school in the fall.
PreK registration information can be found on the HumbleISD website beginning in April. All registration for PreK is handled through the Early Childhood department.
Box Tops for Education
Eagle Shout Out
Visit the PTO website for Spirit Shop items, membership dues, party fund, volunteer opportunities and more!