Stonybrook Red Storm Forecast
Week of: January 20th
Dear Stonybrook Families,
As the weather becomes increasingly colder, it is important to review our morning drop-off procedures.
- Students are not able to enter the building until 8:35 a.m. This is the earliest we can guarantee appropriate adult supervision.
- Students should NOT be dropped off prior to 8:35 a.m. each day; if they are, they will be standing in cold temperatures until staff supervision arrives and students are let in to the cafeteria.
Serendipity Trivia Night!
Stonybrook IA & MS Yearbook
Pre-order a Yearbook now for only $25. This full color yearbook will include grades 5-8 for the 2019-20 school year. To order, you may pick up an order form from the Main Office or the Mediaplex. You may also order online at: ybpay.lifetouch.com ID Code: 12577920 All orders must be placed by March 20, 2020.
Stonybrook PTSA Meetings
Please join us!
Tuesday, February 11th
Tuesday, March 10th
Tuesday, April 14th
Tuesday, May 12th
High Ability Program
2019 Pesticide Notification Registry
The Indiana Pesticide Review Board has regulations that impact how school corporations may use pesticides on school grounds. MSD Warren Township follows these guidelines and we are inviting parents and guardians to join our Pesticide Notification Registry. By signing up for this registry, you will be notified via email at least 48 hours prior to a pesticide application at your child’s school, subject to certain exceptions. You will be invited to sign up for this notification each school year.
You will need to sign up for this notification every school year.
If you would like to participate, please complete the required form found at www.warren.k12.in.us.
JANUARY - SCHOOL HEALTH
10 HEALTHY NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS FOR KIDS
The following tips are from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
1. I will clean up my toys, and keep my room in good order.
2. I will brush my teeth twice a day, and wash my hands before eating and after the bathroom.
3. I won’t tease dogs, even friendly ones – and keep my hands and face away from their mouths.
4. I will drink more milk and water, and limit soda and fruity drinks.
5. I will apply sunscreen before going outdoors.
6. I will find a sport or activity that I like, and do it at least three times a week.
7. I will always wear a helmet when bicycling or boarding.
8. I will wear my seat belt every time I get in the car.
9. I’ll be nice to others, and friendly to kids who need friends – like someone shy or new to school.
10. I’ll never give out personal information or pictures of myself to strangers or over the internet.
Click the buttons below for helpful information!
YMCA Before and After School Care is at Stonybrook!!
The YMCA is currently hosting before and after day care at Stonybrook! Students can be dropped off as early as 6:30 AM and pick up at 6:00 PM.
If you are interested in the program, please contact Katy Yeoman, Program Director or go to the link below.
Now enrolling for YMCA Before and After School Care in your school! Register online today!
YMCA of Greater Indianapolis
Youth Development – East
Stonybrook Refrigerator Information
ATTENDANCE LINE: 317-532-8800 EXT. 1
SCHOOL NURSE: 317-532-8806
SCHOOL HOURS: 8:55 AM - 3:55 PM
DISTRICT OFFICE: 317-869-4300
Principal: Mr. Jason Smith PH: 317-532-8804
Assistant Principal & 5th Gr. Dean: Mr. Chad Reedy PH: 317-532-8803
6th Gr.Dean: Mr. Josh Davis PH:317-532-8828
7th Gr. Dean: Mrs. Bianca Rivers PH: 317-532-8808
8th Gr. Dean: Ms. Becky True PH: 317-532-8805
5th Gr. Counselor: Ms. Kassie Roberts PH: 317-532-8880
6th Gr. Counselor: Ms. Toni Austin PH: 317-532-8845
7th Gr. Counselor: Mrs. Melissa Nicholson PH: 317-532-8800 X8811
8th Gr. Counselor: Mr. Michael James PH: 317-532-8800
Athletic Director: Mr. Jeff Cummings PH: 317-532-8826
Dates to Remember:
1/20: Martin Luther King Day - No School
1/21: Basketball game [5:30PM]
1/22: Solo Night Concert
1/23: Basketball game [5:30PM]
1/23: Wrestling [5:30]
1/28: Basketball game [5:30PM]
1/28: Wrestling [5:30]
1/30: Wrestling [5:30]
2/17: Presidents’ Day - No School