Mrs. Friedman's Flyer
December 15, 2015
News and Announcements
- December 16th: Half Day Schedule for Students, 1:30-3:20 pm conferences
- December 17th: Regular Schedule for Students, 6:00-8:00 pm conferences
- December 18th: School Closed for Students, 8:10-12:30 am conferences
- December 21st: Half Day Schedule for Students, 6:00-8:00 pm conference
- December 21st: 9:30 am Community Meeting: First grade will be singing with Mr. Hecker's music class!
- December 23rd: Half Day Schedule…Have a wonderful Holiday and Happy New Year!!
- Congratulations to Audrey Kelly for winning the Reflections Program award for Visual Arts "Let Your Imagination Fly" in the primary grades. She has moved on to win not just for our school, but for the County! We can't wait to see where you go next Audrey! We will be rooting for you!
- Thank you to Mrs. Kelly for teaching yoga to our class. This calmed us and helped us become focused in a fun way! We hope to have you in again soon!
- Please help your child to only bring in one item to share when he or she is helper of the day. Please be sure that these items do not have any weapons attached to them.
Previous announcements which will be discontinued in the new year:
- I've created a classroom album called “Mrs. Friedman's 1st Grade” where I'll be posting photos, videos and more. This will be private and only available to be viewed by any parent in this class who joins. To join the album click on this link. Since I can send more frequent pictures through this app, I will be posting less pictures in my newsletters.
- Do you have an inexpensive extra set of headphones at home? We could use them for our iPads! Please label them with your child's name. We will use them when we practice math skills, word work, and listen to stories online with the iPads.
- Have you ever asked your child what they did in school only to hear "nothing"? Please consider signing up for Remind text or email alerts for our classroom. I will be sending out weekly questions or table topics for you. You can sign up by following this linkor you can go to the technology tab on my eBoard.
- Please have your child practice reading the guided reading book when it is sent home. Please send it back to school with your child the next day. For more information on the book bag, please see a copy of the letter I sent home, now posted on my eBoard.
Computer-Hour of Code
Students participated in the Hour of Code last week during Computer Science Education week. The Hour of Code is a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in over 180 countries. It is a one-hour introduction to computer science. It is designed to encourage students to learn about computer sciences, and it shows that anybody can learn the basics! Students teamed up with their buddies in Ms. Singley's fourth grade class to code their own computer game! The choices of games include MineCraft, Frozen, Disney's Incredibles, and Star Wars. The students were so proud to code all the levels and earn a certificate at the end!