Newsletter............. May 16-20
Mrs. Calta & Mss Barnett
May 15 Happy birthday to Elli!!
May 18 Volunteer appreciation lunch
May 20 Field day. Specials teachers will announce what shirt color we will wear. A reminder will be sent.
May 20 Last day to (5) check out books!!
May 30 MEMORIAL DAY NO SCHOOL!
May 31 NO LUNCH VISITORS
May 31 PARENTS!! REMEMBER- PLEASE PICK UP ANY MEDICATIONS FROM THE NURSE!
June 01 End of Year Parties (more info coming soon)
Jun 02 Last day of school
4th 9 weeks!
Reading: Next week we will be reading: Como la marmota hizo su huerto. (English and Spanish version). We will do several activities with these texts to build comprehension and fluency.
Language: We will focus on: New verb conjugations and possessive forms. in Spanish and for English grammar we will be doing tenses for have/has/had and we will be talking about possessives.
Spelling: NO for this year!
Math: Analyzing Data (Graphs) and Personal Financial Literacy.
Social Studies: Federal Government (national and city authorities)
Science: Animals characteristics.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES
* Please continue to work for 15 minutes on I-station in Spanish everyday at home. This is a task for the rest of the year. I have spoken to the students about it. I really appreciate your support with this extra practice at home. Mrs. Calta
* I Just want to let you know that I use English language in my class on information that is very important like, fire drills, lockouts, weather drills, discipline matters, school rules and sometimes inside the bus during field trips. It really helps to get students' attention quicker and move on, especially when we are pressed for time. Mrs. Calta
* Follow the instructions below to sign in I station at home. You can use this great resource at any time at home during summer as well.
1•Go to Lisd.net
2•Go to Resources then find “for students”
3•Go to Digital Resources
4•Go to Elementary
5•Go to I-station
6•Follow the instructions to install Istation on your home computer.
7•Select the domain “wellington.lewisville.tx”
8•Log-in under your child's info. Ask your child the passwords. Please select Spanish. (contact Mrs. Calta if you have any problem or if your child does not remember the passwords).
*I am still in need of a curtain to kind of cover one of the furniture in my class. If you sew and you are interested in helping, please e-mail me so I can give you more details. I will buy the materials, the curtain is about 24x48 inches. I will really appreciate it... Mrs Calta (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* If you are considering sending birthday snack for the class remember that it has to be peanut free.
* Our web sites: Mss. Barnett at msbarnett2nd.weebly.com Mrs. Calta at mrscalta.weebly.com. You can find some extra information about the teachers, academic support games and pretty soon pictures from the class.
Suggestions for improving Spanish Vocabulary at home
o Read Easy Spanish book of your choice.
o Spend some time on my web for fun activities in Spanish: http://mrscalta.weebly.com
o Watch cartoons and movies in Spanish.
NDWDZ for Mrs Neitheva Calta
PF48R for Ms Brittany Barnett