Room Parent Meeting Recap
Wednesday, 12/11/19 8:15am
What We Discussed
- Checking in to make sure you have sent receipts/thank you notes to parents that have donated money to your classroom fund. Remember, a little appreciation goes a long way!
- Classroom parties are coming up. Each teacher has a different way of doing things so make sure you are communicating with your teachers so that you are on the same page. Enjoy and have a great time!
- International Day is on Wednesday, February 12th, 2020. Our kids will start rehearsing their dances in January. Teachers are in charge of this event so discuss with them what is needed costume wise. You may or may not need to reach out to your parents again for donations depending on how much you have received already.
- GOOD NEWS! The Holiday Gift Shop raised about $5000 and because of that, they are going to help us by providing some game booths for our Spring Luau on April 3rd, 2020 - Mark your calendars!
- Speaking of SPRING LUAU...as soon as we are back from Winter Break, please be ready to reach out to the parents to begin donating items for the classroom silent auction baskets. What works well in the past is to already have a theme (i.e. Crayola Art, Pokemon etc.) so that parents can donate items for you to be able to pull together a nice basket. Also, start reaching out to see if anyone is willing to help out with your the game booth on the day of the luau. Traditionally, each class is responsible for putting a game/activity booth together that includes little prizes as well to give away.
We Need Help!
- 2nd Grade Teacher Mr. Roels does NOT have a designated Room Parent. Thank you to the 2nd grade room parents who are going to step up and help out...if anyone else can also help, that would be great!
- ROOM PARENT LIAISON Position is Open! If any of you is available to step into this role, that would be fantastic. Duties entail attending the monthly PTA board meetings (usually 1st or 2nd Monday 6:30-8pm), run the monthly room parent meeting in the morning after the spirit assembly, be the point person for questions regarding room parent business. Don't worry, if you decide to help you will not be alone...we will help and support you!
- We are also looking for 7 people to be a part of the Nominating Committee! What is this? We are already on the look out for who could be a part of the amazing Eastwood PTA Team for 2020-2021. The nominating committee is the group that pool together to find and votes for the next candidates to be on the PTA Executive Board. As Room Parents, YOU are on the top of the list of people who would be great to be a part of this committee. Please let us know if you are interested or know any other parents you think would be a good fit.
We appreciate the extra time you are volunteering to chorale the parents in your class. We want to let you know that your efforts do not go unnoticed and we appreciate you all very much! Please let us know if there is anything you need from us to assist you.
Have a happy and wonderful holiday with your loved ones!