The Flipped Classroom
J2 Training - Janet Corder & Joan Gore
Issues with Flipping Your Classroom
What issues, concerns or problems do you have about flipping an elementary classroom? Open this Padlet, double-click on the wall to post your answer.
Open EdPuzzle.com and create a student account (no email account required).
Type in the Code eXZokb
Choose the Blue Start Button under the video.
Click the Play button to begin the assignment.
Tips and Tricks
- Use Safe Share, View Pure or a similar tool that allows you to post videos to YouTube without the ads.
- All flipped lessons do not have to utilize technology!
- Start small…flip one lesson at a time!
- Get parents on board…see parent letters on some of the people we recommend you follow!
- Join a Flipped PLN on Twitter, Facebook or other social media outlets.
Platforms for Flipping Your Classroom
Create Your Own Videos
- The Camera App on your iPad or other device
- Animoto for Education - Example: Vocabulary
- Videolicious - Example: Medicinal
- Shadow Puppet EDU
Quizizz is very similar to Kahoot, except the questions appear on the students' devices.
Let's try it out!
- On your device or laptop, open quizizz.com.
- Click Join a Game.
- Enter the Game Code the teacher provides and click Go.
- Type in your name and click Join Game.
- Wait for the teacher to begin the game.
- How does flipping work in an elementary classroom?
- Parent Letter (English and Spanish) - Todd Nesloney
- Blended or Flipped Classroom
- Flipping the Elementary Classroom
- Flipped Classroom
- Faux Flipped - Gulf Highlands Elementary explores computer-centered, 'flipped' learning
- Flipped Classroom- Tracey Gillies
- Classroom Innovation Spotlight: Second-grade Faux Flipped Classroom
- Todd Nesloney TIG Flipping Classroom