JHS Student/Family Bulletin
Weeks of September 20th: News, Links & Updates
ALL STUDENTS EAT FREE THIS YEAR
Due to the pandemic, the federal government is reimbursing schools for meals for all students this year. All students may get one free breakfast and one free lunch each day by providing their student ID number at the register in the cafeteria.
SNACKS WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE - for students that would like to purchase snack items, money can be added to the student account with the "My School Bucks" link.
SCHOOL FUNDING DEPENDS ON FREE/REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATIONS
Jefferson Union High School District receives funding based on students that qualify for Free/Reduced Meal program applications.
Since the 2021-2022 school year meal program is serving meals at no cost to all students, it is important that you complete the FREE&REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION by September 25, 2021.
Based on FREE/REDUCED eligibility, this funding supports:
- Title l funds - Counseling, Intervention, and Reading/Math support.
- Title ll funds - Professional Development for all staff.
- Title lll funds - Immigration and English learner students.
- Title lV funds - Support for English Learners.
- Supplemental Funds - Intervention, Teacher Aides, Counseling Services, Psychologist Services, Community Liasons, Software Licenses for students, Teacher Instructional Support, and Instructional Materials.
- It can also qualify your family for benefits like:
- Pandemic Extra Food Benefits (P-EBT)
- SamTrams/Clipper Card - Free/Reduced discounts based on application eligibility.
Please plan ahead! No food deliveries from Uber Eats/Door Dash/ or Families!
We are trying to limit our contact on campus to reduce the spread of COVID.
General PTSA Meeting Time: Sep 23, 2021 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 861 4250 2069
Although the UC's and CSU's have suspended the use of SAT/ACT scores for admissions, many Private and out-of-state colleges are still using SAT/ACT scores. If you are looking to apply to a non UC/CSU college, please check the college admissions requirements for the colleges you are applying to.
If you are interested in taking the SAT, please follow the instructions below:
Please log in/create a College Board Account at: https://www.collegeboard.org/
and Register for an upcoming SAT date here:
If you are interested in taking the ACT please register/sign into your account here:
If you are interested in the ACT Test Dates and Deadlines, please look at the following information:
Come see your counselor if you have any questions. Some local SAT testing sites are full for the October 2nd date, but come make an appointment to see us if you are interested in taking either one of these tests.