Weekly PIT Happenings
November 11 - 15, 2013
This week, we will go into how to access the UTT library. There are a lot of electronic resources and this will help them with their English project. I will explain to them the difference in full text articles and how to look at scholarly journals - this will serve them well as they advance in their academic careers.
Some of the students were very excited about the discounts they are eligible for as UTT students on software and hardware. Here are the ones we have covered (or will cover):
http://store.apple.com/us-hed/findyourschool (enter UTT or Waxahachie ISD)
Just remember - any software purchased for your student to use with their discount must be registered in their name.
Let me know how I can help!
In class this week
- We will finish our UTT LIbrary exploration
- We will finish researching their Holocaust survivor
- We will finish our Scratch video game
- We will blog about our Twitter experience
- We will start learning about the advanced editing features in Word as they begin to write their reports for English