Drop off & Pick up Procedures
For our students' safety, please follow these procedures
Arrival at JHCS
- Arrival on campus cannot occur earlier than 8:15 a.m. Please drop off your child between 8:15 am and 8:25 am.
- Cars begin the line up along 200 North facing east (do not stop after the red pole until you can turn the corner onto 100 East and clear the next red pole). DO NOT DROP STUDENTS OFF ALONG 200 NORTH OR 100 EAST.
- Proceed in line on 100 East
- You may let your children leave the car when your care is in front of the gate in the chain link fence on 100 North (between the trees)
- DO NOT park or drive into the parking lot between 8:15 am-8:25 am
- DO NOT make a U-turn at anytime
- DO NOT skip cars or go around cars, simply wait your turn
- DO NOT let your students off across the street and have them walk across the street
- DO NOT get out of your car. A staff member will be present to help your student out of the car.
Dismissal at JHCS
- Your students must be picked up between 3:00- 3:15 each day
- You must have a “Car Tag” displayed in your car’s front passenger side window in order to pick up your child. You can pick up your numbers from the front office.
- Please line up along 200 North facing east. As your car progresses, do not stop in the red sections (wait until your car can clear the areas before making a turn).
- A staff member will be present at the gate to ensure the safety of all students. Please treat them with respect and adhere to their requests.
- John Hancock Charter School will not release a child to anyone other than a parent/guardian without consent. Please fill out and return a release authorization form, and include names of car pool drivers.
- If you need to conduct business in the office, please do this prior to 2:45 p.m. or after 3:15 p.m. Your cooperation in this matter will greatly alleviate congestion in the area and outside concerns about traffic flow.
- Do not check your child out of school the last 15 minutes of the day. If you have to check your child out early, please ensure it is before 2:45 M-Th and 1:45 on Fridays.
- DO NOT make any U-turns at any time during the carpool process.
- DO NOT skip cars in the car pool lane, please wait your turn.
- DO NOT pull into the parking lot between 3:00 pm-3:15 pm
- DO NOT pick students up across the street
Pull forward and leave the carpool lane if your child must return to the building. Staying in the lane will delay carpool and creates a safety hazard for the other cars and students.
- If you have any questions regarding car pool, please contact Mrs. Adamic or any staff member.
The safety of our students is our top priority.
We appreciate your support in helping us keep all of our students safe.
Strive for Excellence
John Hancock Charter School
We strive for excellence in all we do.