6th Grade LV Technology
By Sydney Schroeder
- In technology for typing web, we do a five minute warm up and practice our typing.
- This program is meant to teach you how to use the keyboard the correct way.
- We had to finish the intermediate course before the first quarter ended.
- They are beginner which we did in 5th grade then in 6th grade we did intermediate and advanced
- When you got to the advanced course you were able to get a picture taken and put up on the tip top typists board
- A iTrailer is a movie trailer made on a app called iMovie
- What we had to do was pick a topic to make our trailer on and have good photos and some text to make the trailer flow well
- You had the choice of presenting it to the class
- All photos had to be from you not google
- We did this project in the second quarter
- This project was on our dream job on what we wanted to be when we grow up
- The information had to be from a program called Career Locker
- We had to present your Haiku Deck to the class
- There had to be at least 10 slides of information about the job, like, what you do at the job, what college degree you need, 3 tasks, where you do this job, etc.
- The app is meant to only have little amount of text, so we couldn't have a lot of words on or slide
- We had to go over the do's and don'ts on how to present
- For this project we had to pick a math problem off of Schoology
- We had to solve the problem and show our work on the slides
- Had to record ourselves saying the problem and how to solve it
- This project didn't have to be presented to the class
- If we wanted to write on the slides you had to use a stylist not your finger
- You could insert pictures and use supplies to show how to solve the problem
- Mrs. VandenBoogaard came into are class for five days and talked about the program Career Locker
- Within the five days we had to choose a job that really interested us
- The career part tied in with the Haiku Deck project
- In this we had to find out about colleges, tuition costs, played games with the progarm, classes you would have to take
- One of the first days or two Mrs. VandenBoogaard gave a presentation about college and who is thinking about their future
- One the last day Mrs. VandenBoogaard let us just explore the website on our own
- This website had us practice on our programming skills
- Some of the programming names that we did are angry birds, plants vs. zombies, minecraft, frozen, the artist.
- There was different stages to do for all differnt grade levels
- To get a 4 you had to finish 8-9 stages