Apply to be President Today!
Roles of the President
- Chief Legislator: Influences congress in its lawmaking as well as signs or veto a bill from congress.
- Political Party Leader: Chooses the leading party member of the Cabinet and helps members of a party get elected.
- Chief of State: Performs ceremonial functions.
- Chief Executive: In charge of government workers as well as enforces laws.
- Commander in Chief Leads the nations armed forces.
- Chief Diplomat: Directs US foreign policy. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X0mWFTzDidPsDBVyIlRsrds03-2r1PrO1RHgCytRLCA/edit
Benefits of being President
- $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account, and $19,000 for entertainment.
- Recreation- President receives some of the best recreation available. They receive invites to the best parties, and any invitation they send out is unlikely to be rebuffed. Many activities occur on the South Lawn.
- Air Force One
- Presidential Car/Transportation
- Security- lifetime security
- Health Benefits- Presidents receive health benefits for 5 or more years of Federal service
- Travel- allowed $1MM in travel expenses.
- Natural born citizen.
- Resident of the United States for a minimum of 14 years.
- Minimum age of 35.
Ten Constitutional Powers Granted to the President
- Make Treaties
- Executive Agreement
- Power of Recognition of the legitimacy of a foreign government.
- Has final decision over all military actions
- May nominate the people who become federal judges and justices.
- Alter the sentences of people convicted of crimes.
- Proposes legislation to Congress
- Directing and Removing executive officers
- Foreign affairs that is not already assigned to Congress
2. Trust- new president needs to develop trust with the government and the people. Trust is an important thing to have when being president because without trust, the president will be working alone and our country wouldn't get all that it needs.
3. Level 5 leader- we need our new president to be all for the people. We need our president to be a leader of our country that has all the qualities of a good president. We need a president who is willing to do anything for his country and who always has the best interests.
4. smart, measurable, attainable and time-bound goals- new president needs to be smart and create goals to achieve and to show the country all that they will to accomplish.
5. Negotiate- we need our new president to be able to negotiate with others. Our president must be a great negotiator and understands that it is important to have life long relationships to help keep our country safe and strong.
Each year about 4.5 million firearms, including approximately 2 million hand guns, are sold in the united states and an estimated 283 million guns in civilian hands. The average number of guns per owner has increased from 4.1 in 1994 to 6.9 in 2004. Gun owner ship is a leading cause of these statistics and gun owner ship is a leading cause to gun violence.
More than 30,000 people are killed each year in this country. More than 30 people are shot and murdered each day. If you agree that these numbers are to high, then you agree that are new president needs to make an effort to help reduce gun violence.
- Expanding and improving background checks
- Making communities safer from gun violence
- Increase mental health treatment and record reporting
- Gun safety technology
We need a president who is going to be motivated to make a change in gun violence and be motivated to expand and improve gun safety and background checks. The president can use his constitutional power to make an executive agreement that helps make these actions enforced. Together, with the right president, we can change the outcome of the safety of the people in our country and put an end to all these massacers that have killed so many innocent people.