Listeria is found in ready-to-eat deli meats and hot dogs, unpasteurized milk products, soft cheese made with unpasteurized milk, refrigerated smoked seafood
- Do not drink raw mil or eat foods that have unpasteurized milk in them.
- Wash hands, knives, countertops, and cutting boards after handling and preparing uncooked foods.
- Rinse raw produce thoroughly before eating.
- Keep uncooked meats, poultry, and seafood SEPARATE from vegetables, fruits, cooked foods, and ready-to-eat foods.
- Consume perishable and ready-to-eat foods as soon as possible.
Listeria found in Green Beans
General Mills Inc. is voluntarily recalling a small amount of frozen Cascadian Farm Cut Green Beans after a package tested positive for listeria, the second listeria-related recall for this brand of green bean this year. Food-safety experts say listeria is a particularly tricky and virulent pathogen that blossoms in refrigerated environments.