Raymore Update 09/08/2015
Where We Celebrate All Especially the Small!
Quote of the Week
Mrs. Moot's Techies
Third graders using their new chrome books.
Bursting to Celebrate
Mrs. Moot's class singing and dancing for a birthday celebration
Engaged learners love Prodigy. No thanks needed but you are welcome. Learn On
9/9/15 Faculty Meeting
9/9/15 Fire Drill at 9:15
9/14/15 Free Family Wild Animal Adventures
9/15/15 Tornado Drill at 10:15
9/18/15 Leadership Assembly 8:45
9/18/15 Paradise Park
- Check and turned needs in for crisis bag
- Lock door but keep accessible with rubber band or magnet
- Turn in Red Rubber Ball, still missing a few.
- Complete Professional Development Survey ASAP https://docs.google.com/a/raypec.org/forms/d/13nbfpRerbuzn1d-oaQ172XsjiU68nGaudf6yEpVgfOk/viewform
To Do List
- All field trip applications due to Renee no later than September 18, 2015.
- Focus: Please remember date target sheets and think sheets for your students.
- Complete the Google Form from the beginning professional development. Due September 11th. Please make sure you have watched the safer schools video from Lisa Hatfield by September 11th also.
- Familiarize yourself with Teacherease and Protabula
- Make sure you know where your crisis bucket is. Crisis bag should be by door in your room with updated class roster included inside. If you need a hook to hang your bag on, please see Melissa.
- Welcome Pam Newhouse new Reading TA!
- Thank you to those of you that volunteered for "Let Me Run," Bethany Woodson, Kellee Clark, Christal Heier, Kristin Mason and Denise Geib.
Panther Cub Academy
DID YOU KNOW? PCA OFFERS TUITION DISCOUNTS TO RAY-PEC EMPLOYEES, EC/ECSE FAMILIES AND NOW OFFERING A MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT?
Family Support Document and Family Celebrations
Please make sure to read through these documents.
Family Support Documenthttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1VP73Tmbvm5HEmNuoXenwE7qLCJJMQ1N1rH-3PDdy6w4/edit
Crisis Bag and Rope
CONSCIOUS DISCIPLINE: THE SKILL OF COMPOSURE Composure is the willingness to change our internal state from upset to calm.
Composure is self-control in action.
It is a prerequisite skill adults need before disciplining children.
It requires us to be the person that we want others to become.
Composure comes from the power of perception which states: “No one can make me angry without my permission.”Whomever or whatever we put in charge of our feelings, we have placed in charge of ourselves. Dr. Becky Bailey
Forward emails regarding dismissal changes to both Karla and Renee.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up.
- Fridays --jeans with Ray-Pec spirit wear.
- Classroom doors should be locked at all times and the magnet should be used to allow flow in and out of classrooms. However, we are aware there are some doors that are tricky to get to stay shut when using magnets. We do have a couple of other options we can try to help solve this problem. If you need help with this situation, please see Melissa asap and we will problem solve.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Melissa. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Jennika & Melissa if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 816-550-4434 and 816-868-9856
- Call or text Jennika or Melissa if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: OUR MISSION, VISION, VALUES
As a professional learning community, we commit to three big ideas:
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement