January 12, 2016
- Thank you to our NHS students for caroling at a Senior Living Facilty on 12/22/16.
- Congrats to knightline who took 1st in Hip Hop at Chicagoland Dance Competition.
- Congratulations on a great first week of second semester.
- Congratulations on an increase in 90/90 attendance
- Congratulations to FHN Knights who presented at TechFest. We are so lucky to have so many talented people in our building. Thank you for sharing your talents with your colleagues in other parts of the district.
FHN saw a 0.5% reduction in total D's and F's compared to 1st semester last year.
Congratulations to Malachi Fedderson, who was recognized by the St. Charles County Ambulance District for his brave efforts in attempting to revive an adult who went into cardiac arrest at a football game in October. Ms. Louis-Bauer, his health teacher was there with him. Malachi learned chest compressions in her class.
Congratulations to our 2015-2016 Teacher of the Year FINALISTS
· Shelly Parks
· Tim Besse
We had close to 250 students and parents from the Class of 2020 at Curriculum Night last week.
Thank you to the English Department for bringing Rachel Miller, a holocaust survivor, to FHN to share her story with our sophomores.
7 FHN musicians made call-backs at All-State tryouts--they are the top 5-15 musicians in their areas in the state!
Congrats to Dominic Schneider--1st Chair All-State Tuba!
Congrats to Sean Rhomberg--Honorable Mention All-State Jazz Trombone!
Congrats to Grant Argent--alternate (2nd place) All-State Jazz Guitar!
Congrats to Blake Coonrod--Jazz Tenor Sax (Top 15)
Congrats to Zoe Willott--Pian (Top 5)
Congrats to Jacob Lintner--Jazz Trumpet (Top 15)
Congrats to Emily Rish--Bari Sax (Top 5)
Congrats to Hannah Weber--Jazz Vibes (Top 5)
- Congratulations to the FACS department. The culinary arts students won the coveted Chef's Choice Award and the were the overall Champions in this year's Iron Chef Competition. They defeated FHHS, FHC and FHU. Way to go!
- Congratulations to Mensur Koso who was the student representative at the Board Meeting in November. He did an awesome job!
- Congratulations to Mr. Riffee for being recognized as an Emerson Award Winner at the Board Meeting on Thursday.
- Congratulations to the health teachers for organizing a powerful set of presentations to educate our students on the perils of drug use. Thank you Ms. Louis-Bauer, Mr. Brown, and Officer Brueggeman. Thank you to Brooke Magilligan for being one of the presenters.
- Thank you to KOE for coordinating a great American Education Week at FHN.
- Thank you to our awesome PTO for treats and an awesome breakfast during American Education Week at FHN.
- Congratulations to FHN Publications for winning a Pacemaker for broadcast and newspaper. In addition, Congrats to the North Star staff for earning news magazine Best of Show.
- Congratulations to DECA on a successful Jump Off. They raised over $800 to support a local MDA student so she can go to camp.
- Sophomore Kylie Kirkpatrick, was selected to be a member of the 9/10 Women's Honor Choir at the Southwest divisional conference of the American Choral Director's Association (aka SWACDA). Students from all over Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico auditioned for the choir, so Kylie's selection to this group is truly a huge a honor!
- Andrew Stoker and Rachel Juhlin were selected for the 2016 Missouri All State Choir, which will take place January 27-30. This will be the second year for both of them, and it is truly a huge accomplishment to be chosen as a member of this choir. For the St. Louis Metro District, the audition process began with over 300 students (juniors and seniors only), and they were among the 16 chosen to represent our area.