March Tiger Times SV.17
Week of Monday, March 13th - Friday, March 17th, 2023
HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!
REMINDERS FOR THE WEEK
- As we gear up for the 2023 Summer Institutes - we need your input to ensure we are meeting your professional development needs which in turn meets the needs of our students. Please click on the link and answer the survey. Remember, your voice matters, so make it count! https://bit.ly/3mIUJRB
- QUARTER 3 PROGRESS REPORTS - Due by the end of the school day, Friday, March 17, 2023.
- Only administrators can assign students to In School Suspension (ISS). Student work must be submitted to Mr. Saunders no later than the start of the school day.
- Attendance is required to be taken within the first 15 minutes of the start of class. If a student is not in class they must be marked absent so that their parent/guardian is promptly notified.Grade 8 - students who arrive to school by 7:45am, must be marked present. Grade 7 - students who arrive to school by 8:35am, must be marked present. Any student reporting after these established times are to be marked late.
- Teachers are required to ensure all classroom doors, (especially those that are not occupied) and exterior doors (doors leading to the outside) are closed and locked at all times. Leaving unoccupied classroom doors unlocked and exterior doors open poses a safety hazard to students and staff. Additionally, all teaching staff are required to stand outside of classrooms during the changing of classes and dismissals to ensure a smooth transition from class to class and dismissal .
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS: If you are covering a class for the day, in the absences of lesson plans left by the classroom teacher, all students are to log on to iReady and complete a minimum of two reading and one math assignment. This is being monitored by administration.
- The Lesson Objective is to be visible to students at all times during instruction so that students can reference as needed to ensure they are accomplishing the goal of the lesson.
- Printed lesson plans are to be available near the door (in hanging file holders).
- Unannounced observations conducted by Hempstead High School, District Administration, and Independent Evaluators have begun. Physical copies of lesson plans are to be available to the observer upon entry into the classroom.
Have a Wonderful ABGS Week!
Loaner Laptops need to be returned at the end of every school day!! The students are able to drop off prior to their last period.
8th Grade loaner laptops are being used by teachers due to the fact that 2 students have not brought back those loaners since September. These are a first come, first serve premise if you only need 1 - 4 during the day.
7th Grade loaner laptops are distributed in the morning, prior to Period 2. If a student is late and needs a laptop, please send them with a pass. These laptops are first come, first serve.
Laptop Carts & Laptop Keys
- Laptop Cart Keys NEED to be brought back to the media center EVERY DAY!
- Laptop Carts NEED to be returned to the media center and plugged in EVERY DAY!
- Double check the book to make sure you are taking the laptop cart you signed out for that day.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the laptops inside the cart. Make sure to develop a system with your students to guarantee that ALL laptops are returned. Use the folder provided to have the students sign out the laptops every period they are being used.
- Report any issues RIGHT AWAY: laptops missing, hardware failures, etc. We need to keep these machines up to shape prior to April's 7th Grade CBT.
Lets work with one another to make sure our students have the technical tools necessary to succeed.