Salem Witch Trials & McCarthyism
- The Crucible was a play written in 1953 by Arthur Miller.
- It was set to surround the Salem Witch Trials in 1692-1693.
- Play is about the witch hunts of the Salem, Massachusetts.
- After accusations from a few girls, People were accused of being a witch just because of the way they behaved and how they looked
- Many townspeople were hanged on charges of witchcraft.
- Resulted in 20 deaths people .
- Both involved witch hunting.
- False claims without real proof
- involved Salem Witch Trials
- Caused Mass Hysteria
- Involved series of witch trials