By Juliana R. Tb 4
What is Social Phobia?
- Social phobia is extreme shyness and self-conciousness
- It's a type of anxiety problem
- Anxiety is a state of uneasiness and apprehension, as about future uncertainties
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
- Intense anxiety in social situations
- Avoidance in social situations
- Fast heartbeat and breathing
- physical sensations of fear
How Does it Affect Someone?
- They can feel lonely or disappointed over missed opportunities of friendship
- Not getting enough out of school
Other Names for Social Phobia
Other names are social anxiety or selective mutism
How is it Diagnosed?
- By a therapist
- Symptoms can't be because of another mental disorder
- You feel anxious in social situations
How is it Treated?
- Family and friends - they can encourage the person to pick a small goal to aim for