Oh! The Places You'll Go!
2015-2016 LVES Weekly Staff Newsletter
PLC's this week...
Electronic Signatures on Observations
Picture Retake Day Tuesday
Teacher's on Lunch Duty Wednesday
Thanksgiving Lunches on Thursday and Friday
Front Playground Update
Veteran's Day Program
Superintendent's Harvest Challenge Canned Food Drive
Friday is the last day to collect canned food for the drive. If you have any canned goods in your room, please drop them in the boxes in the front office by Friday:-)
The Harvest Challenge begins November 2, 2015 and ends on November 20, 2015. A donation basket will be placed in the front office of each campus.
All of the collected items will be donated to our new LVISD Clothing Closet and Food Pantry, which are lovingly run by our Life Skills and 18+ programs. All of the food items will be bagged and distributed to local families in need during the holiday season and throughout the year.
Listed below are items that are needed:
• Canned Green Beans
• Canned Cream of Mushroom Soup
• Canned Gravy
• Canned Cranberry Sauce
• Canned Potatoes
• Canned Meat
• Canned Yams/Sweet Potatoes
• Canned Corn
• Canned Milk
• Peanut Butter/Jelly
• Canned Fruit or Pie Filling
Faculty Holiday Party
Weekly Attendance Goal
The gauntlet has been thrown down...if we reach 97% or higher at the end of the 2nd nine weeks, I will have to kiss a pig.
"You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child."
- Patty Hahn - November 17th
- Joanne Stern - November 19th
- Rachel Donahue - November 21st
We hope you have a wonderful birthday Patty, Joanne and Rachel!
Mark Your Calendar - be sure to add "Elementary Staff Calendar"
- November 17th - Michelle out for admin meeting, 9:00 am
- November 17th - Picture Retake Day
- November 18th - ESL 40-acre Field Trip
- November 18th - Student Support Meetings, 3:05 pm
- November 19th - Thanksgiving Lunch for K, 2nd and 4th grades
- November 20th - Thanksgiving Lunch for PK, 1st and 3rd grades
- November 23rd-24th - Fall Book Fair
- November 25th - 27th - THANKSGIVING BREAK
- November 30th - December 4th - Fall Book Fair
- December 1st - MIchelle out for admin meeting, 9:00 am
- December 3rd - Parent Coffee Chat about Title 1, 8:00 am in cafeteria
- December 4th - 6 weeks grade check
- December 8th - LVES Family Fun Night at PD!, 4:00-9:00 pm
- December 9th - 3rd Grade Field Trip to Nutcracker
- December 10th - K, 2nd and 4th grades to PAC for Seussical Performance, 9:00-10:00 am
- December 11th - 1st, 3rd grades to PAC for Seussical Performance, 9:00-10:00 am
- December 12th - Faculty Christmas Party at Spotlight Karaoke, 7:00 pm
- December 15th - Michelle out for admin meeting, 9:00 am
- December 15th - Winter Choir Performance, 2:00 and 7:00pm
- December 17th - Early Release at 11:30 am
- December 18th - Early Release at 11:30 am
- December 18th - End of 1st semester