Celebrating Our Partnership
With Faculty & Staff During National School Counselor Week!
Day 4: More on Personal/Social Development
Today's theme is Managing Personal Challenges. Some of the ways we look for students to demonstrate evidence of their understanding in this area include: Identifying and then applying ways to advocate for themselves, initiating conversations for support and help, taking ownership of their responsibilities, and being able to reflect on their daily lives and its level of balance.
Here are some of the School Counseling Program objectives for Managing Personal Challenges:
| || || |
- Mental and physical health needs to be balanced in their lives.
- Multiple people are available to help them (including their counselor, teachers, administrators, family and friends).
- Asking for help is not a sign of weakness.
- Different resources that are available for various challenges.
- Various skills and strategies for reducing stress, anxiety, peer pressure, and parental pressure.
What does this look like?
What is your approach to supporting students managing their personal challenges?
We'd love to hear from you and continue to strengthen our partnership!